How old are you?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
63...but who's counting..? Been self-lubricating for over 45 years. Got the habit from the old man, who also refreshed himself daily, with Fremlins Mild. (Light & Mild at weekends). Like him, my six-pack slowly and inperceptably morphed into a mini barrel over the years...but then, mrs. marlon's champagne flute figure has also morphed slowly into something akin to a brandy balloon....that's life

My son is interested in homebrew but we don't have the space for beer brewing as well as what Iam making and storing, one thing that did surprise me is when out he drinks bottles of beer a d has no interest in lager at all, many of his mates aare the same.

I'm 61. My parents were both tea total but my auntie was a big homemade wine brewer.
As to passing it on - one of my daughters got interested. I showed her how to do all grain which she enjoyed and while she's been away at Uni she's made the occasional kit after buying herself an FV.

Funny you say about younger generations and all that, do any of you find your kids (if you have them) interested in it?.......... .

Last year the wife of one of our grandsons got very interested in a DJ full of Wilco's Strawberry Wine standing on the kitchen worktop, so my comment of "If you like it, help yourself." was taken up with alacrity.

The problem of having a DJ on the kitchen worktop is that the uninitiated don't realise that it doesn't have a label on it that says "Herein are six bottles of wine." so I think both of us were very surprised the next morning.

Me to discover that the DJ was almost empty ... :doh:

... and she to discover that spending the day in a darkened room nursing her head was her best option if she wasn't allowed to die. :whistle: :whistle:

Apparently she is now not as interested in homemade wine as she used to be. :whistle: :whistle:

Last year the wife of one of our grandsons got very interested in a DJ full of Wilco's Strawberry Wine standing on the kitchen worktop, so my comment of "If you like it, help yourself." was taken up with alacrity.

The problem of having a DJ on the kitchen worktop is that the uninitiated don't realise that it doesn't have a label on it that says "Herein are six bottles of wine." so I think both of us were very surprised the next morning.

Me to discover that the DJ was almost empty ... :doh:

... and she to discover that spending the day in a darkened room nursing her head was her best option if she wasn't allowed to die. :whistle: :whistle:

Apparently she is now not as interested in homemade wine as she used to be. :whistle: :whistle:
Love it...! I used to make loads of wine, Elderberry & Runner bean makes an excellent full bodied red. But I've given up on the morning after feeling and now just do beer.

I've been embalming my liver for years now ... :lol: :lol:

... so I reckon that when they get my body to the local crematorium all it will take is a bit of crumpled up newspaper and a match and "Whoosh!!" up I'll go! :thumb: :thumb:

:lol: In your last few days remember to get a "Flammable" warning sign tattooed on you :lol:

Same as Chippy, 54. Only a couple more and I'd have lived as long in Australia as in England.

When I was a young 'un I thought 54 was ancient. Now I'm there I realise it's not.

I'm 48 and have a new lease of life after having a full hip replacement. I spent from my late teens being in pain and decrepit even though it never stopped me working and fishing and metal detecting for hobbies....and now this! You just get on with things...and take pills! Strangely the only thing that cured the pain was a few ales! I'm totally pain free now and there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day!

Cheers

Clint

I'm 48 and have a new lease of life after having a full hip replacement. I spent from my late teens being in pain and decrepit even though it never stopped me working and fishing and metal detecting for hobbies....and now this! You just get on with things...and take pills! Strangely the only thing that cured the pain was a few ales! I'm totally pain free now and there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day!

Cheers

Clint
Good for you. Having seen several thousand hip replacements Ive always dreaded the thought of having one myself, but for most patients it is a new lease of life. Enjoy!:thumb:

Good for you. Having seen several thousand hip replacements Ive always dreaded the thought of having one myself, but for most patients it is a new lease of life. Enjoy!:thumb:

Do they do brain replacements?
Mine needs it at times,
no
alot:mrgreen:

A friend of mine had his hip replaced in his thirties having crashed his bike a few years before, if i remember right they didn't set the bone in his leg properly and over the next 10 years he wrecked his hip (wore it out) i seem to remember his saying he was strapped to a wedge in his bed for a few days so he couldn't move, one operation i hope i will never need.

Do they do brain replacements?
Mine needs it at times,
no
alot:mrgreen:
errrrrrr..not yet Im afraid....tho I think some guy in China is looking for volunteers:lol:

Back