wows

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigd2657

Reaction score
Hi all,

As I am a wow virgin and waiting to have a go at making one of these,
does anyone know or can they advise me of can I drink my wow straight away or is there a set time I will have to leave it.

I am going to use one of the recipes and make a dj of wow first to see if I like it or not.

Thanks in advance

big D 2657

Two weeks post bottling for me .
Sneaky glass at bottling time [emoji39]
Longer you leave the better though... apparently !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drink mine straight after bottling, don't notice any difference leaving them any length of time really... happy days

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I am with Roddy with one exception the original orange wine i found a bit nasty so may get better with age, i would recommend you start with a litre of red grape juice and a litre of apple juice and top up after racking with 250ml to 500ml of apple juice depending on how sweet you like your wine.

As above I normally leave them a few weeks but did have one bottle where the cap didn't feel properly sealed so the wife and I drank it the day after it was bottled. It was fine.

I'd second the red grape (Lidl) + apple juice as a first attempt, makes a nice Rosé. Once you've got a couple under your belt then experiment away.

The red grape and apple is a regular now for me . If you can get to a Waitrose also try a white grape and apple. Makes a lovely white.

The red grape and apple is a regular now for me . If you can get to a Waitrose also try a white grape and apple. Makes a lovely white.

We liked the white version shame white grape juice is so difficult to find round here.

The white grape juice with apple used to be called "easy white" in the forums when i joined i think a ruined grape harvest killed it as they used to use all the non perfect grapes for WGJ but that season they had to use them for wine and it has never picked up again yet red grape juice can be found in most supermarkets.

Excellent. I have wgj coming out of my ears but can I get the ferkin LowicZ? Well a kindly Teaco customer has orderd some Raspberry but Strawberry is a no no. ������

a6faaecea72b4145b1de9799b2e8f7f4.jpg

Clearly not wanting to rub salt in the wounds but a strawberry Lowicz wow does taste good [emoji849][emoji24]

a6faaecea72b4145b1de9799b2e8f7f4.jpg

Clearly not wanting to rub salt in the wounds but a strawberry Lowicz wow does taste good [emoji849][emoji24]

Thanks for that ;). Actually want it for the tc. The demands of this house necessitate more of an 'upmarket' red as a staple althpugh looking forward to gdog's red grape and dried elderberry. ;)

Thanks for that ;). Actually want it for the tc. The demands of this house necessitate more of an 'upmarket' red as a staple althpugh looking forward to gdog's red grape and dried elderberry. ;)

Now there is an idea [emoji106]

Seriously mate - if you want me to get some locally and send on I will. [emoji108]

Now there is an idea [emoji106]

Seriously mate - if you want me to get some locally and send on I will. [emoji108]

Many thanks for the offer. Appreciated. Postage would be a bit silly on it though I suspect. Went past a known Polish shop near Morden tube today but had just had a long journey and no parking near so thought sod it. Will get back there sometime. Got 2 x raspberry arriving tomorrow. ;)

Latest posts

Back