How much WGJ is too much?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWoolf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

About to kick of a few brews from just WGJ to make a dry white (as the woman in my life is drinking it quicker than i can make it!)
How many Ltr's of WGJ would people recommend to use? was thinking of trying one at 50% WGJ and 50% water and one at 60% WGJ and 40% water

thanks in advance

Depends on what alc percent you want. I used red grape juice and gravity on its own was only 1.040 which would brew out only to 5% abv. I added suger disolved in warm water until it got to around 1.088 which is about 11%

I did the initial brewing in a fv think it was about 2 gallons, makes about 6 bottles taking into account racking and testing.

Both should work but check what one the boss likes most and then make a 30 bottle batch of it, you could throw in a little apple juice as well if you wanted.

Most of us use 50% juice to water if both juices are 100%, i would use a litre of wgj to a litre of apple juice as i tried this and found it bland, wgj and apple juice was known as easy white on the forum when wgj was readily available.

thanks for the advice guys,

I have kicked of a brew at 50% and one at 60% WGJ ( pressed not from concentrate) per gallon. Also going to do a 1LTR WGJ and 1 LTR Apple mix

If nothing else it will keep the little lady quiet for a while :cheers::cheers:

Back