• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Fridge and hop plants De56

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukehgriffiths

Reaction score
Okay all...

I have an under counter fridge that has been in my garage for 2 years awaiting a fermentation/serving fridge build. Was fully working when I put it in there.

Available for collection from Belper.

Luke

You cant grow any named variety of hop from seed. Throw them away. The reason being is that if you spend 2-3 years growing these plants from seed, they will not be Citra. A waste of time and effort.

Unfortunately it's most likely that the ebay seller was lying about them being Citra to make a fast buck. Female hop plants only produce seeds when pollinated by a male and when seeds pods are produced the flowers used in brewing are not. Citra is a patented strain grown in a closed area (hence the price) and the owners will be keeping the male plants well away from the fields full of their profitable females for use only when they want them. I think the chances of genuine seeds ending up on ebay are about zero.

Latest posts

Back