Another Trip To HR

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyboy1965

Landlord.
Reaction score
Phone rings at home at 12.00.....
Junior Deputy Assistant Manager..."Hello John, I know that you have only got one day off this week, but you have to come into work as XXX has phoned in sick"

" I dont like the way you saying `have to`and anyway there is a slight problem....Im ******"

"But its only 12.00"

"WTF HAS IT GOT TO DO WITH YOU WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF. IF I WANT BEER FOR BREAKFAST, I WILL"

Hi!
We had a new head teacher; she announced that she hoped to have 15 minutes private chat during the first term with each member of staff, to get to know us.
During that period my mate was called into the office over some complaint made about him, and I also was carpeted for some incident with an unruly kid. We were both told off blah blah blah!
At the end of term the head announced that she'd seen everyone apart from 2 teachers. My mate leaned over and said, "If she hadn't had to see thee and me twice, she'd have made it!"

I really don't like these pseudo nazis......"you must this"..."a quiet word that"...it just confirms that they are totally sh!t,out of their depth and out of control in their job.
NEVER go in a meeting/chat unaccompanied, if you have a union rep take him/her. Or a trusted work mate....
You are allowed to be accompanied and or represented by law...if they deny you this they are acting illegally. .plus IF you are in for a disciplinary you do not have to go the time they say if you are not prepared.

I really don't like these pseudo nazis......"you must this"..."a quiet word that"...it just confirms that they are totally sh!t,out of their depth and out of control in their job.
NEVER go in a meeting/chat unaccompanied, if you have a union rep take him/her. Or a trusted work mate....
You are allowed to be accompanied and or represented by law...if they deny you this they are acting illegally. .plus IF you are in for a disciplinary you do not have to go the time they say if you are not prepared.

Boss: Hey Clint, do you have 5 minutes for a chat just now?

Clint: Hold in a second, I just need to get my Union rep!

Yeah...take ten men with you! Friendly chats about general stuff,footy,beer,curry or even boring stuff like work are fine....it's the other **** I was on about like getting a bollocking on a one to one basis. Some places it works..where both sides have an understanding. ...some places it doesn't and it's used for bullying.

Phone rings at home at 12.00.....

Junior Deputy Assistant Manager..."Hello John, I know that you have only got one day off this week, but you have to come into work as XXX has phoned in sick"

" I dont like the way you saying `have to`and anyway there is a slight problem....Im ******"

"But its only 12.00"

"WTF HAS IT GOT TO DO WITH YOU WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF. IF I WANT BEER FOR BREAKFAST, I WILL"

I suspect Junior Deputy Assistant Manager was just jealous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah...take ten men with you! Friendly chats about general stuff,footy,beer,curry or even boring stuff like work are fine....it's the other **** I was on about like getting a bollocking on a one to one basis. Some places it works..where both sides have an understanding. ...some places it doesn't and it's used for bullying.

My interactions with management begin and end with work-related matters. No matey small talk. Don't go on works Xmas do with these people or anything like that... spend all year trying to avoid them so no chance of going out of my way to drink and quite possibly fight with them.

...I've seen the kicking off! Awful but almost surreal after a few beers... worth remembering. ...if you are "on a works funded night out" you are still "in work" and their behaviour rules still apply....

There's been a few instances in work recently with people making claims about other employees. Then when it got to an HR meeting with witnesses present counter claims were then made. So it all got a bit nasty, which prompted the boss to have a quiet word with everyone. It seems to have calmed down a little now.
But if I go in and the boss says "Hey Pete can I see you in the office".
I reply "Do I need to bring a couple of witnesses?"
icon_lol.gif

The boss.....
icon_frown.gif

I know someone who works for a care agency and after doing a sleepover at a clients house was told she could not leave as the next carer had phoned sick and they had no one else. She was there two days before someone turned up!

She also told me that they are not allowed to take holidays unless they can arrange for someone else to cover their shifts for that time. So the clients pay the company about £30 an hours who pay managers to organise and it is then up to minimum wage zero hour staff to organise their own holidays. Unfortunatelt the people they employ have little or no influence or ability to say NO!

I've generally worked at some pretty good companies when it comes to the HR side of things. My current job is not great. we had 2 people in the HR team, manager and assistant, but they got fired because the CEO actively doesn't want worker benefits. People were getting bullied, one manager was making racist comments to her staff, and whenever anyone went to HR the senior management team just said "we'll deal with this, this isn't your job." Kind of weird to tell that to HR.

When they were trying to sort out these problems they were fired.

I'm self employed and work mainly as maintenance for quite a big student accommodation outfit, they treat there staff with the upmost respect but unfortunately treat contractors like absolute garbage, my last couple of invoices went over 60 days before payment, if you put them on stop they use some one else.

Im certainly not scared about going into see HR. In fact they are scared of seeing me. The GM e-mailed me this morning to apologize for contacting me at home.
What ****** me off was the Junior Assistant Deputy Jumped Up Nobody telling me what I "had" to do. As I said to him this afternoon..."You check your payslip against mine and then tell me who is more important/valued in this company.
"
22 year old children shouldnt be allowed to have job titles....Or access to my home phone number.

In my last job my head of department used to just sit there and stare at you with a dead-eyed stare at you if you said something he didnt like. Most people were scared to say anything but one day I said its quite an unnerving stare he uses and people dont like it. His response was an angry dead-eyed stare. I have had a long history of moving to a new role within my work only to find out after moving that the person I will be working for has a reputation as being one of the worst managers in the company, including some very big companies. I'm now self employed.

The thing is if they acted like that outside of work they would get smacked.

Havent you noticed all the weak toss pots from school, took some form of authoritive jobs or pass times , Traffic wardens, part time coppers, community officers and Referees comes to mind, they make excellent jobsworths and tend to bully women. They hide behind authority it makes them feel safe, wouldnt want some one like that has my man winging me on a crawl in the falklands, :nono:

Havent you noticed all the weak toss pots from school, took some form of authoritive jobs or pass times , Traffic wardens, part time coppers, community officers and Referees comes to mind, they make excellent jobsworths and tend to bully women. They hide behind authority it makes them feel safe, wouldnt want some one like that has my man winging me on a crawl in the falklands, :nono:

I've noticed this over the years, and it's generally the quiet, restrained but respected one that you would last expect, who eventually puts them in their place.

Latest posts

Back