Just about to buy a couple of £50 kits...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

needmorstuf

Regular.
Reaction score
I see there is a supermarket recipe section. over 100 pages long. Being a newb, is it ok to ask for a recipe or should I read the 100 pages?

the wife likes white zinfandel and that is what I am after. At £50 for 30 bottles it's still cheaper but it's not super cheap which is what I am after.

I see there is a supermarket recipe section. over 100 pages long. Being a newb, is it ok to ask for a recipe or should I read the 100 pages?

the wife likes white zinfandel and that is what I am after. At ��£50 for 30 bottles it's still cheaper but it's not super cheap which is what I am after.

I cannot vouch for the white kits but with the reds I have tried several. Kenridge and CC come out at pushing �£50 but I have found the Beaverdale kits better. I get these at �£38.99 currently. I have tried the much cheaper Winebuddy kits and you definitely get ( or rather don't get ) what you pay for.

See first post. http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68774

thanks for the reply. I did see the multitude of recipes. i was just wondering which one may have a flavour profile similar to white zinfandel. i guess ill give it a go and see if my better half likes it. ill do some reading and try watch the video.

I cannot vouch for the white kits but with the reds I have tried several. Kenridge and CC come out at pushing ��£50 but I have found the Beaverdale kits better. I get these at ��£38.99 currently. I have tried the much cheaper Winebuddy kits and you definitely get ( or rather don't get ) what you pay for.

See first post. http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68774

I have seen the CC white zinfandel kit for £38.99. I wont be trying any wine buddy or similar kits.

Highly recommend Creative Wines. Excellent next day service. Never had a problem. Just have to buy 2 or add a few accessories on for free delivery. :thumb:

thanks for the recommendation. I'll check them out. I need the buckets etc. also so could easily hit free delivery,

well they dont do zinfandel in the beaverdale - the CC zinfandel is �£38.99 also so I think I will give that a go.

whilst waiting for the kit to arrive I have knocked up a gallon of the WOW rose recipe.. 800gm sugar, 1litre apple, 1 litre red grape.

took my starting sg with level at neck of demijon and its only 1.05

should i add more sugar? I get that to about 6.5% if i finish at 1..??

about 10% would be good.. thats adding enough sugar to take it to 1.08 sg. I read on the tinterwebs that it would be about 14oz of sugar.

sound right?

Are you measuring it right? Depending on what juice you have used? Mine normally end up with a start sg of around 1.080 to 1.100. Also, if you have topped to the neck this early you may have overflow volcanic issues! It is recommended to fill to the shoilder of the dj. Let it ferment a few days then top up with aj and or water to the neck once the initial fermentation has done.

I have filled it to the neck.. maybe a touch past. It has been an hour and I am getting c02 off.. can't wait to compare it to a kit wine.

not sure I am using correct terminology.. I filled it to the point where the demijohn side wall changes from being straight up to sloping inwards.. there is a good amount of space above. Maybe that's the shoulder? Yes I am new ;-)

No need for my input :wink:

NMS leave topping up (to the neck) until you have racked to another DJ as it makes degassing a lot easier.

wow rose recipe turned out amazing. very happy. wish I hadn't bought the 30 bottle CC kit now.. NVM it'll get drunk.

Going to upscale to 25l now.

I would also give Creative a ring before you order anything mate as they upgraded their website on Thursday last week and i had a bit of a chuff on with an order I placed on Sunday, its sorted now but just to be on the safe side. In terms of kits again I cant speak for whites but the Cellar 7 Spanish Rojo I have done came out really nice - plus @ $28.99 I found it a good medium between say a WineBuddy and a Beaverdale (I have also done a Beaverdale Nebbiolo with my mate though and that is amazing)

Latest posts

Back