Birmingham Home Brew Shops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuart_A

Reaction score
Hi

Is there anywhere in the center of Birmingham where i can get homebrew supplies? Just need some DME for tonight but wont be able to get to Wilko or my LHBS before close.
Would be handy to have one close to work which is in the center of Birmingham.
Any ideas?

I've only done a Google search, but all the results seem to be on the outskirts of Birmingham. The nearest ones to the centre seem to be the Brew Genie shops in Perry Common or Hall Green. Don't know if thats any use to you though...

Thanks Notlaw. Yes theyre the ones i usually use (DJs south Birmingham) but cant get there today before closing.
Was hopign there may be one walking distance from my work

Thanks Notlaw. Yes theyre the ones i usually use (DJs south Birmingham) but cant get there today before closing.
Was hopign there may be one walking distance from my work

Any chance you could get to Wilkinson's at Birmingham Fort? They're open until 20:00 tonight and they will probably have those bags of Munton's DME, or at the very least Munton's Brew Enhancer which is a mix of dextrose (so called 'brewing sugar') and DME. So worst case scenario you could get your gravity up using that if they didn't have the DME.

I use dj homebrew longbridge. Where abouts are you from? I'm working by the fort shopping centre to. Never been over there in 4 years. Does it have a wilko?

I use dj homebrew longbridge. Where abouts are you from? I'm working by the fort shopping centre to. Never been over there in 4 years. Does it have a wilko?

It cam up on Wilko's own store locator page...

Wilko Brum.JPG

Hi Brumbrew
I use DJs too. I live in Bournville now (moved from Northfield last October) so relatively local. We've also got a Wilko in the Grosvenor . Where are you located?

Hi Brumbrew
I use DJs too. I live in Bournville now (moved from Northfield last October) so relatively local. We've also got a Wilko in the Grosvenor . Where are you located?

The other branches all list 18:00 as their losing time though, just so you know.

Hi Brumbrew

West heath for me. :-) so yea were pretty close. ;-)

There is a lack of a decent shop like this in Birmingham City Centre.

I often suffer the same problem, live in Marston Green work in city centre - so Wilko Chelmsley Wood's the easiest for me. There are a few good homebrew shops out in the suburbs and Black Country - not nothing central as far as I'm aware.

Makes you wonder why Brew Genie bother open a shop in the middle of nowhere in Hall Green, on a residential street but still near enough to the Stratford Road to be a mission to get to, and then only open it four days a week presumably because of low footfall.

Probably much cheaper rents.

Just wish there was somewhere with ing walking distance of city centre.

I did think - there a Holland and Barret just up the ramp in Grand central - might have malt extract for emergencies.

Probably much cheaper rents.

Just wish there was somewhere with ing walking distance of city centre.

I did think - there a Holland and Barret just up the ramp in Grand central - might have malt extract for emergencies.

They do! And that's what I did. Two jars for about 4.50. Worked a treat

Latest posts

Back