The Dark stuff

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muddlecombe

Reaction score
Can anyone reccomend a good Dark beer kit? at the moment I have an American golden ale on the go and it is doing very well. But I favour the dark side to sup mild/guiness/porter etc. She who must be obeyed is letting me go shopping on my own on Fri (no 'what are you buying That for') so, I am going to stock up on 'a few' bits and bobs.:whistle:

Never made the kit myself but hear Coopers stout is pretty robust option
Plus one for coopers stout,as they say on here its virtually bomb proof,just been to wilkos yet again while the sale of a few cans is still on and got me one for a tenner and gonna brew it with chocolate desert syrup x2 as I've already got one in the keg that I did with just the one and other fermentables and the chocolate is very subtle but very nice so its a two squeezy job next time when I can fit it in

At risk of sounding repetitive... Coopers Stout. It's the only kit I've done twice.

I've brewed it about 5 times and always try something new every time I do it in one of my fvs now with loads of black treacle yum

Have done a Wilko velvet stout brewed short with some additional hops, malt extract and black treacle, very drinkeable

What brand of chocolate us best and how much is good
The keg I'm drinking now I chucked in a lyles 325 grams of a desert squeezy bottle which equates to a tad over 200 gram of fermentable sugars and two 750G of golden syrup squeezys brewed to 21 litres which gave it an OG of 1068 and finished at 1011 with an ABV of 7.45% much too strong, but as I said I'm gonna do the next one with two of them and just one golden syrup squeezy.they are inverted sugars too which I'm led to believe is easier for the yeast to munch on

Back