Grainfather trials

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManseMasher

Regular.
Reaction score
And so it begins...after some arranging, Grainfather have really very kindly agreed to lend all those who volunteered the chance to try a grainfather in exchange for a full and honest review. Thank you to all those who have risen to the challenge! If you could post your reviews in the 'General beer brewing equipment discussion' forum, I will create a specific thread to put them in. Thanks again to grainfather, and all the members willing to give your time. Well done!

MM

Excellent that you were able to arrange this. What a great opportunity.

I haven't volunteered to test it because I'm not an experienced enough AG brewer and doubt I would be in a position to make valid judgements, but I will be reading the reviews. So will a lot of others so the makers of the Grainfather will no doubt get a lot of good exposure to folk who are interested and in a position to use their product.

Yes what a great opportunity, you're a star Manse, thanks for all the effort you've put into this, and other deals. People doing stuff for others for nowt are in increasingly short supply, it seems. Good man.

Yes what a great opportunity, you're a star Manse, thanks for all the effort you've put into this, and other deals. People doing stuff for others for nowt are in increasingly short supply, it seems. Good man.
Thanks mate. It costs nothing to be helpful, and I hope people get something out of it. Cheers all.

Yippee! Can't wait to get my grubby mitts on his shiny pots and levers!

Manse you are THE MAN!

Mine has arrived so going to pull it out later and check it out, unfortunately waiting on ingredients and the fermentation fridge being freed up, but have also ordered a no chill cube too see if I can squeeze in an extra brew as well :)

How many Grainfathers are there being trailed? Is it just the one or a few? Interested to see what everyone makes of them. Hope the reviews won't be long coming in.

There are two units, being shared amongst 'the brave few'. I would expect a bit of a delay because the review needs to cover the whole brew....

This is really cool. Allowing home Brewers the opportunity to trial kit is the way to go. Manse, you guys organising yourselves to take standardised/comparable measurements that can be collated at the end of the trial?

There are two units, being shared amongst 'the brave few'. I would expect a bit of a delay because the review needs to cover the whole brew....
So not just the brewing process but also the final results? That's interesting was expecting a review of just ge Grainfathers. Excited to hear what everyone thinks, just don't try and tempt me to spend money I don't have yet lol

This is really cool. Allowing home Brewers the opportunity to trial kit is the way to go. Manse, you guys organising yourselves to take standardised/comparable measurements that can be collated at the end of the trial?

The reviews, that will cover use from start to finish, and final results, will be open to all on here, and the gf website. What we should compare them against is debatable, and probably not very useful, as the baseline for homebrewers is extremely varied (buffalo boilers, stovetops, gas burners, indoors, outdoors etc.) So in terms of quantifiable comparison, no.

However, for individual sympathetic comparison (ie what I've got now to what I've just used, and how the two compare) will be interesting I think.

Agree, there's no standard to compare with. Why not create something like one? Getting end users to independently assess kit is 'gold dust'. Not just for other potential end users but for developers too.

Mines going to be a bit complex then as I've also got to review the kit as its the HBC one I won.

think I'll just put them both in one thread but try and separate thoughts on the gf vs HBC kit. Hopefully that will satisfy them both.

Mines going to be a bit complex then as I've also got to review the kit as its the HBC one I won.

think I'll just put them both in one thread but try and separate thoughts on the gf vs HBC kit. Hopefully that will satisfy them both.
In which case, would you rather hold off on the gf trial until you have completed the review of the HBC kit? I would rather reallocate your gf slot to someone who can dedicate their efforts to just one review at a time?

In which case, would you rather hold off on the gf trial until you have completed the review of the HBC kit? I would rather reallocate your gf slot to someone who can dedicate their efforts to just one review at a time?

See my pm manse, but I reckon I can keep them all happy. Don't ant to miss out on the gf and will give the HBC kit and gf ample air time of their own!

Any recommendations from experienced all grainers for one of the better 'all in a box' all grain kits?

There's no point in me buying kg's of malt just for one batch!

Latest posts

Back