Grainfather trials

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My HBC grain kit was great, really really nice

However I have always been really happy with geterbrewed so have a look at the recipe kits from either and pick the one you fancy

Your right it wasn't. It doesn't hurt though to remind people that there is discount available?
But shouldn't that br done when the company is mentioned (eg this company are good and you get discount) , rather than informing someone that discount is not avaliable from a different company. I understand the forum gains from the extra custom but that should not force people away from other companies that offer a good service

But shouldn't that br done when the company is mentioned (eg this company are good and you get discount) , rather than informing someone that discount is not avaliable from a different company. I understand the forum gains from the extra custom but that should not force people away from other companies that offer a good service

Certain companies have agreed to give our members discount, and also kindly donated prizes for draws / raffles for our members, how ever no one has mentioned on this thread about forcing members to purchase goods from said companies, PLEASE EXPLAIN

Certain companies have agreed to give our members discount, and also kindly donated prizes for draws / raffles for our members, how ever no one has mentioned on this thread about forcing members to purchase goods from said companies, PLEASE EXPLAIN
If another company is mentioned it is quickly stated that they do not give discount. I get that the companies have been very kind to the forum, but it's a bit like sitting outside tesco with a sign saying asda is better. I can see my views will stop me winning any comps but I have to sat it as I see it

If another company is mentioned it is quickly stated that they do not give discount. I get that the companies have been very kind to the forum, but it's a bit like sitting outside tesco with a sign saying asda is better. I can see my views will stop me winning any comps but I have to sat it as I see it

The remark was a reminder of discount, search my threads and you will find references to other companies that dont give discount! this site is not biased to any company

Regarding your claim about comps, sorry to be blunt your talking rubbish

Steve

Your right it wasn't. It doesn't hurt though to remind people that there is discount available?

But the nice folks at Brew UK gave up some vouchers for one of the draws, which yours truly happened to win, and I am about to upload the start of a review of the kit that I got with them in the Reviews section (kit contents and brewing part only, I won't be tasting it for a couple of months I suspect!). Some credit is due in that direction!

I'll check out the ones suggested. Any beer styles likely to be easier for a novice all grainer? Anything more prone to achieving a better mash efficiency etc?

I have to disagree. A remind is saying that company a is good and you get discount. What happens is company b were recommended and a reply of they don't discount. Last I checked ghdt wasn't a reminder

TBH im struggling to read your posts now

I am not arguing with you, as i stated read through some of my posts, with reference to other companies

And i would not worry about winning comps

How is it 'forcing'people away from other companies? No one is saying 'don't go there' or 'don't use this company', merely pointing out that discount is available. It is down to individual choice as to who people buy from, pointing out they might save a couple of quid is trying to help members get a good deal. Nothing sinister, and if people wanted to, they could point out to their supplier of choice that they could get 'x' product for 'y' price, and would they be prepared to match (or maybe even) beat the price? Supply and demand?

@Will12283

The way I see it, for us mods it's a bit of a quid pro quo regarding the discounting companies. Yes, the companys donating stuff get free advertising and we get free stuff to give away but if we as mods promote the companies providing the free stuff (and direct more business there way) by stating that discounts are to be had on threads, there more likely to give us more free stuff to give away.

There's plenty of forum members making suggestion to the OP of non giveaway companies so the OP is free to choose.

I have pmd MM explaining my standpoint I did not intend an argument just stating what I felt was happening I understand the need to push said companies (I have worked in retail long enough)

Latest posts

Back