Head head and more head

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nigelw6

Reaction score
Ihave a problemwith a woodfordes Wherry kit that I have brewed. the brew is as follows
Standard brew fermentation finished after 8 days stood in fermenter further 10 days sg down to 1008. Transferred to top tap King Keg with 75g of cane sugar and stood at 18 degrees with a thermostatic belt for another 7 days. Then stood in garage for 5 weeks (yes I can be that patient)

I decided to pull a pint from the barrel last night only to poour about three pints of head and nothing else. I have tried again tonight but its impossible to pull a pint with less tha three quarters head.

We have had some good weather for a number of weeks and the temperature in the garage has not fallen below 17 degrees.

can anyone suggest what Imight have got wrong as this is one of many Whery's that I have done and have never encountered this problem before.

many thanks

The only thing I can think of mate is the temperature. For the last couple of weeks I keep my brew at 10-12°c. Luckily enough I can do that - but the extra 6 or more degrees might be to blame?

Still very new to this so hopefully someone will either back this up or say whether it's a bad idea but could you release some of the co2 from the top of your barrel?

Latest posts

Back