Back for another go!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wortsnall

Reaction score
Hello brewers!

I'm back for another go...

My brewing confidence took a dive after I created three barrels of stinking sulphur in a row. I haven't tried since but I'm now having the urge to pick myself up, dust myself off and have another go. Right now, my fermenting bin is full of dog food and my barrel is in the garage with a broken tap. I'm going to buy all the necessary equipment again and any advice on what to get would be great. Another fail will very likely make me turn to drink, with the realisation that I cannot make it myself. I know this is terribly sad but I'm heartened by several requests for my return to this forum - so I know I'm loved, despite my failings.... :pray:

Cheers!

Glad to see you are ready to give it another go!

Not been at this game very long, only started my third brew at the weekend so not best placed to give too much advice I'm afraid.

All I'd say is go for a fairly easy kit, something like Coopers Draught or similar with an Ale yeast.

Make sure everything is clean and sterilised, relax and give it plenty time to ferment, and don't open the lid unless you really have to (patience is key!!!).

This was my first brew and I've had a few bottles from it now. Won't say it is amazing but it looks like beer, is fizzy like beer and tastes like beer and I am still alive after drinking it so I am delighted.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Latest posts

Back