eBay rip off !

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why didn't he get 'signed for'?
That cost goes on to the buyer.
On the very rare times I have had to post stuff that's what I have done.

Signed for mail....

That is another big con. I had two parcels that needed to be signed for on Saturday, both left my porch, which is visible for all to see, no signature given. Some companies allow you to see the signature on their tracking system. On a number of occasions I have complained that it isn't my signature.

Last time I had an eBay issue I contacted them and pointed out that their decision in favour of the buyer breached the law of Enland and Wales, and whilst I understood their dilemma I thought that bringing legal action against them as a test case would help them clarify their position in the future.

Interestingly, the decision was changed in my favour within 10 minutes following a 'review'!

can you explain what law has been broken?

My wife and i both use it,not on a regular basis however.Only really had one problem which was a fishing reel that i sold. It was in perfect working order but i had to pay the money back.Quite obviously from the type of damage the buyer didn't understand the workings of said reel and snapped off the anti reverse whilst toying with it!
Nowt i could do about it either,ebay wasn't interested at all.:twisted:

I think that's the answer. ..tell them you're going to the press with their shoddy system that protects crooks...
...incidentally a mate of mine had a similar problem many years ago selling some fishing stuff...can't remember the exact details but as he had the address he "offered to go down there and help out...." things soon got fixed...

Back