Amarillo Hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustBri

Reaction score
Ey Up!!!!!

Got some amarillo hops the other day, i'd like to make a nice ipa stylee amarillo beer, just wondering if anyone has any recipes for amarillo, or recipes that include other hops with amarillo....

Peace

JB

I made a variation on Caroline's Fine Ale (from GW's book) using Amarillo instead of Goldings very nice it was too. :thumb:

Just got some Bodica to play with so my next maybe a Bocica/Amarillo one - just put an Oatmeal Stout to bed a few min ago so will be another couple of weeks before I brew again.

hi

finally decided what im gonna do with amarillo hops, something a little new to me and i am making up a recipe using the hops and also adding fresh ginger to the boil, GingerRillo, hopefully it will be nice, hoping to do this brew on sunday, so will post recipe ect later

JB

dont over do the ginger. i did something similar with cascade and the ginger over powered the cascade. That was with 425g ginger in a 5 gallon batch for 30mins boil. I would suggest about 200g if you are going to use hops aswell.

Amarillo hops are great on their own.
I'm going through a real Amarillo phase at the moment......they work great for both bittering and late addition :thumb:

Latest posts

Back