Chimay Cinq Cents

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunfie

Regular.
Reaction score
I have a 750ml bottle of Chimay Cinq Cents and it appears to have a very thick film of yeast on the bottom. I know that the Red and Blue use the primary yeast for conditioning but the the obvious question is - does anyone know if they use the primary yeast to condition in this one too?

Hi Dunfie..
As you say...they put primary yeast in the red & blue...why I ask myself would they not do the same for the Cinq Cents....why don't you save what you think is the yeast and try to harvest it....it keep's for a time in the fridge...give a go I say :thumb:

I think that Chimay use primary yeast for all their bottle conditioning. I've had a look through Brew like a Monk and it is claimed there that use of primary yeast at bottling is standard practice and can find no mention of different practice for white cap. Since Cinq Cents is white cap in a bigger bottle, I'd go for it :thumb:

Thanks for the reply chaps. :cheers:

I think I am with you both here. When I get around to drinking it I am going to collect, step up and hopefully use in my first attempt at a Belgian.

look forward to seeing that one - i`m half way through brew like a monk and a belgian is on my to do list :thumb:

Back