how dop i get % of my alcohol

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crouchy

Reaction score
hey guys can someone please tell me the best an easiest way to get the % of your beer when it
is done. i am not very good with formulas.but would be very grateful if you could tell me how.

yep, there's one in the calculators section... very top-right of the forum... stick your OG and your FG in that and it'll tell you you're ABV ... without even needing to know the formula! :thumb:

BrewStew said:
yep, there's one in the calculators section... very top-right of the forum... stick your OG and your FG in that and it'll tell you you're ABV ... without even needing to know the formula! :thumb:

he he he :lol: .didnt no about that.WOW.
no way my beer is 4% i can drink 4% beer allday long. had 7 bottles of my coopers larger an feeling it olready man.
that brings me to the question.... is homebrew beer stronger than beer we buy from the retailers. :cheers:

simple answer is it's as strong as you want to make it ;)

if you're not using a hydrometer and do a kit beer to the letter, then it'll be as near as dammit to what it says... if you're doing a wine or Turbo Cider and just throwing things together... chances are ... yes.. it'll blow your socks off :lol:

Back