Wilko Spicey Cabernet Sauvignon

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airman5877

Reaction score
I bought a more expensive Wilko Spicey Cabernet Sauvignon kit which is just the juice with sugar in it and the other bits and pieces. It fermented out fine and the 21 days are up today. It`s so dark in comparison with the ordinary Wilko Cabernet Sauvignon kit that I do not know if I should bottle it at the 21 day mark or leave it for any longer. No problem with the Hydrometer reading but it does look so dark I dont know if it has completely cleared

It's a general problem with red wine. You can take a small sample from the top and find it clear, then rack it off, only to find it cloudy further down. In such cases, with 30 bottle kits, I transfer it to a polypin and leave it for a week and it always comes out clear. This leaves a small amount of sediment, which actually improves the wine.

Noted Tony. This is a 6 bottle kit (I should have mentioned that). I have racked it once and I cannot see much sediment at the bottom in the demijohn. I will see how it goes

Back