AG#3 Does this Porter look ok?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyQul

Chairman of the Bored
Reaction score
I want to make a Porter based on London Fields Black Path Porter http://londonfieldsbrewery.co.uk/black-path-porter/

It give the grains and hops but not the amounts. So using the style guidelines I've come up with whats below. Do the amount look Ok? Especially the hops. When ever I google for guidelines it just says go with your taste (as well a sticking within style IBU's - which I've done) so I've guessed at 80% bittering and 20% finishing

dwe2j9.png

Edit: Its a BIAB Btw

This grain bill is very similar to the porter I brewed last weekend. However I left out the black malt and added a little biscuit, so my colour was a bit lighter at 25 SRM. To be honest if I was to brew it again I would reduce the amount of chocolate malt. I had a sample today just to check progress and the dark roasted, coffee like flavours were very strong indeed. I'm hoping they will mellow with time.

My recipe was:
Maris Otter 80%
Crystal 60 10%
Chocolate 5%
Biscuit 5%

Hope it goes well for you :thumb:

Oh, make sure you set your boil volume right too. I would also suggest a 30 min boil for a low volume boil - just under 2 gallons will reduce to 1 gallon over an hour. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back