Ace Microbrewery or Bulldog Brewer?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the responses. I've decided to go for the Bulldog brewer, it just looks a bit more sturdy to me. I'll purchase one next week after payday! I'll be doing the Irish Red Ale from the DK Home Brew Beer book.

Just had another look at the bulldog. Be interesting to see how you get I .

Just spoke to Hambleton Bard...there is no v3 ...yet. v2 has the 90 minute boil time and an adjustable sliding sparge plate, v1 plate was fixed and boil time was 60 minutes. There is a v3 in the pipeline, this will include stepped mashing but won't be available for around another 6 months. If you have a v1 or can get one at a good price they can supply an alternative pcb that converts to a 90 minute boil...but I didn't ask the price!

Cheers

Clint

..what's the rrp on the Ace units as the eBay listings are expired and seller has got the silly price in to keep the links active. I notice they have 2 listings...one has a chiller included..

Last edited:
Just spoke to Hambleton Bard...there is no v3 ...yet. v2 has the 90 minute boil time and an adjustable sliding sparge plate, v1 plate was fixed and boil time was 60 minutes. There is a v3 in the pipeline, this will include stepped mashing but won't be available for around another 6 months. If you have a v1 or can get one at a good price they can supply an alternative pcb that converts to a 90 minute boil...but I didn't ask the price!

Cheers

Clint

..what's the rrp on the Ace units as the eBay listings are expired and seller has got the silly price in to keep the links active. I notice they have 2 listings...one has a chiller included..
£316 without a chiller, the silly price means they are out of stock, due in end of march, havent seen one with a chiller,

My list includes the Brewster as well as a possibility as a cheaper than a grain father option.

For those not familiar with the Brewster -

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aftI9H9FSE[/ame]

When I bought mine they were £310 without the chiller and £350 with. The chiller is stainless rather than copper. I think this is pretty good value and still cheaper than a Bulldog with chiller.

From what I have seen, he usually increases the prices by about £1000 when he is out of stock, just to keep the listings active.

My list includes the Brewster as well as a possibility as a cheaper than a grain father option. It has a counter flow chiller rather than the immersion chiller of the Bulldog and no chiller of the Ace.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00W7FI6H0/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

That looks a good bit of kit, I like the look of the halo style recirc arm, although on a typically drunken and clumsy brewday I'm pretty confident I'd knock that and break it!

Last edited by a moderator:
i assume putting the stand under the basket is a 2 man job? not sure i could lift it and set the stand at the same time.that would put me off,that and the £560 price tag :-(

i assume putting the stand under the basket is a 2 man job? not sure i could lift it and set the stand at the same time.that would put me off,that and the �£560 price tag :-(

I noticed that in the video when he stopped recording, those handles/stands look like a bit of a PITA to use so you are probably right a 2 person job.

£494.95 http://www.home-brew-online.com/equ...ster-all-in-one-all-grain-micro-brewery-p1781

£494.95 http://www.lovebrewing.co.uk/the-br...gle_shopping&gclid=CLSIvfnV2NICFQefGwoddrcKpQ

I have a ace microbrewery about the same thing as the Bulldog Brewer
it depends on how deep your pockets are which one you choose to go with

I replaced a new, updated control unit at my brewery and I want to show how to do it. Now nine pauses and memory, as well as better quality electronics.
Video link:
To understand the commentary, set the subtitle translation in the settings of YouTube.

Latest posts

Back