DIY Dog now in hardcover

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@foxy it looks like it's just a print of the PDF, in which case it's just a recipe with mash and ferment temps. At the beginning there are some instructions on how to do all grain brewing.

@foxy it looks like it's just a print of the PDF, in which case it's just a recipe with mash and ferment temps. At the beginning there are some instructions on how to do all grain brewing.

I thought as much, more for the advanced brewers then.

I have this homebrew recipe book which has both all grain and extract recipes in and instructions on how to make each beer. I've made 3 or 4 recipes from it and they've turned out amazing. My only gripe with the book is it's American so all the units are measured in lbs and ozs, like some kind of medieval apothecary. Also it was published in the 90s and some of the information is a bit outdated. Nonetheless, if you are looking for an informative recipe book with great recipes I would really recommend it. Trouble is I can't remember what it's called, so I when I find it I'll let you know!

Nothing wrong with Lbs and ozs. Just get yourself a set of imperial kitchen scales.
I always use Lbs & ozs for weighing out grains and grams for weighing hops. There again I'm an old fart and was brought up on imperial. But funnily enough my kids still do the same thing - small accurate things, use metric, big things use imperial.

Actually, amend that - I weighed out 1Lb of malt and put it in a jug a while back & it came to about half an inch from the top. So nowadays I weigh out my pale malt grains by the almost jugful.

I have this homebrew recipe book which has both all grain and extract recipes in and instructions on how to make each beer. I've made 3 or 4 recipes from it and they've turned out amazing. My only gripe with the book is it's American so all the units are measured in lbs and ozs, like some kind of medieval apothecary. Also it was published in the 90s and some of the information is a bit outdated. Nonetheless, if you are looking for an informative recipe book with great recipes I would really recommend it. Trouble is I can't remember what it's called, so I when I find it I'll let you know!
Waiting to find out the name of this book:whistle:

Waiting to find out the name of this book:whistle:

Ah sorry mate, It's The Homebrewer's Recipe Guide, amazon link.

It's a good book and has some food recipes in there as well, all of which require beer. One bit which shows its age is it says dried yeast is not as good as liquid yeast and you can't reuse dry yeast. Dry yeast is perfectly fine in 2017 and I reuse all my dry yeast with good results.

Other than that, it's a great book.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah sorry mate, It's The Homebrewer's Recipe Guide, amazon link.

It's a good book and has some food recipes in there as well, all of which require beer. One bit which shows its age is it says dried yeast is not as good as liquid yeast and you can't reuse dry yeast. Dry yeast is perfectly fine in 2017 and I reuse all my dry yeast with good results.

Other than that, it's a great book.
Cheers, I'll check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back