Brew Devil

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why on earth would you put the Ace etc etc on the floor?
I put mine on a stand and empty through the tap, surely no one puts them on the floor.

My GF sits on a low trolley maybe 10cm off the floor and there is a hole in the center of the trolley so if I ever need to I can reach the element reset button.

the GF et al are supposed to be low down just take a look at the manufacturer's videos.

Of course if you have the height and can use a pulley it all changes and the location of the controls becomes a minor issue assuming they don't get them wet through when you're cleaning.

aamcle

I did see one review of the gf on YouTube a while back, had it on his kitchen worktop and had to use a ladder to stand on lift the grain basket. To be fair his "top tip" was to use it on the floor [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi guys

This is my first post after a lot of searching and reading. My bother in law and I have been looking for an easy way into all grain brewing for a while and have been researching equipment. Liked the look of the Grainfather/Ace style one vessel set ups.
We had decided between the Hopcat and Brewdevil 50l so we had enough for the both of us. Spoke to Paul at Angel on Saturday and he has some discount codes on his website at the moment if you pre order the 30l or 50l units. We ordered ours yesterday and got 15% off so saved £80. Delivery won't be until November but willing to wait. Link below, if it doesn't work then google brew devil discount.

http://www.angelhomebrew.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=59

I will post back when it arrives

Cheers

Paul

Just as an aside the Hop Cat is also currently out of stock. Guess they're waiting on the same shipment.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We were also looking at the Hopcat and it came down to price in the end. The pre order price was better at Angel Home Brew. We are also based in Sheffield so makes things easier if it goes wrong as they are based in Chesterfield.
Seen the review of the 50L Hopcat and looks just what we want, and assuming this is pretty much the identical unit so pretty pleased. Hope it delivers when it arrives.

Back