Storm Aileen

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Have you got your candles ready?

Every time i hear the name Aileen i think of Dexys Midnight Runners :lol:

The Met Office has issued an amber weather warning for severe gusts of 65-75mph and a yellow warning for rain to hit the North West on Tuesday evening and overnight into Wednesday morning.

In response, Electricity North West, the region’s power network operator, has drafted in extra engineers and call centre agents to help keep power on, repair any potential damage caused by Storm Aileen and help customers 24/7.

Mark Williamson, operations director at Electricity North West, said: “We are closely monitoring the weather in preparation for Storm Aileen and taking extra measures for the bad weather due to hit the region this evening and into tomorrow morning.

“We have extra engineers on standby and ready to act when required. Although we invest more than £130m a year in upgrading the power network strong winds can sometimes cause damage to overhead lines due to flying debris and falling trees.

“If customers do see any damage to our overhead power lines please stay away and report it to us on the free national power cut number, 105.

“We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week if customers need any help or advice.”

Electricity North West offers extra support to customers through their Priority Services Register. Extra support is available to customers if they require it. Customers can register online by visiting www.enwl.co.uk/priority or contacting Electricity North West on the new national number 105 or 0800 195 4141.

For advice on how to be prepared and stay safe please visit http://www.enwl.co.uk/power-cuts/dealing-with-power-cuts

To report a power cut please call the new national number 105,follow @ElectricityNW on Twitter or Facebook, or visit www.electricitynorthwest.co.uk.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVxcwe7EcaY[/ame]

I'd just like to thank you for ensuring that song goes round and round in my head for the rest of the day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was coming down like stair rods earlier but it seems a lot calmer now, there may be trouble ahead ....:-?

eeeeeeeeeee.jpg

Why have they started to name run-of-the-mill low pressure systems as if they are hurricanes or summat? Wouldn't be to give the impression that they are a new phenomenon and to convince the dummies that they are a result of climate change, would it? Nah, that's just me being cynical but when I were a lad it was just a bit of wind and rain.

Apparently it was to increase awareness so people get ready for it. Strikes me it's probably led to a load of people deciding in advance not to go into work when actually it would have been fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trouble is if everything a low pressure system with a bit of wind comes over us gets a name, when a proper storm comes people won't take any notice. They'll have to get Michael Fish out of retirement to tell us [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why have they started to name run-of-the-mill low pressure systems as if they are hurricanes or summat? Wouldn't be to give the impression that they are a new phenomenon and to convince the dummies that they are a result of climate change, would it? Nah, that's just me being cynical but when I were a lad it was just a bit of wind and rain.

Bit breezy on my cycle into work this morning. Dunno about climate change though, but to me it smacks of yet more importation of American ideas just for the sake of it. Except seeing as we dont have hurricanes the met office have decided to name storms. Weather envy?

We HAVE to follow the yanks in every damn thing.Gets on my b####y t##s:twisted:

Back