Buying glass bottles?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suffolkbeer

Regular.
Reaction score
Where's the best (cheapest) place I can buy brown 500ml crown cap bottles from on the web please?

@suffolkbeer - I don't have the answer but have you considered asking your local pub if you can take their empties they only bin them so they will probably be glad you are taking them off their hands, many members have done this in the past.

I ask(ed - I have plenty now and mainly minikeg now) friends and family to save me their used beer bottles.

Happy to bring bottles back from Tiree for upcycling! In Autumn we do Oban, Glasgow and Newcastle. Can drop off on route, Just give us a taste of your beers in exchange! Also have plenty free 25KG JC Food grade no chill cubes. Fill yer boots!

+1 for ampulla, since most folk now get kerbside recycling collection the bottle banks in supermarket car parks are no longer the free bottle collection spots at a weekend that they were, getting full early and getting the boxes stacked up against them..

A local boozer known for cider from the bottle drinkers is a good bet too, but i could be about a decade out of date on that call?

Thanks for the great offer Druncan
Unfortunately I live in Suffolk so I'm not probably on your route......

Do you have a university near you?
The student bar can be a good source, I got over 100 Old Moot cider bottles from one near me.

Latest posts

Back