peach ipa

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alside101

Landlord.
Reaction score
so iv got an ipa ready to keg im going to run off 4.5l into a demijon onto a tin of peaches. am i correct in thinking just drain the juice and throw them in

so iv got an ipa ready to keg im going to run off 4.5l into a demijon onto a tin of peaches. am i correct in thinking just drain the juice and throw them in

Thats the great thing about beer making. You can make a great IPA and then wreck it by chucking in a load of ****...its up to you

No idea but I would use juice as well to enhance the flavour though could wrong but worth a try.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Not exactly very helpful.
OK heres helpful...whack it in, it can't harm anything andI will assure you it be great. Probably the best beer you have ever made, tho I will not take credit for it. It was all your own work. What does MyQul think yes or no or just sitting on the fence?:lol:

Personal view only, I'd purée the peaches if using a DJ. If using whole or sliced peaches I'd use a bucket if possible. But my view is coloured by having had some nightmare racking sessions with fruit beers and I'm famously bad at transferring beer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to Randy Mosher in " Radical Brewing " peaches don't work well in beer, and you get a better peach flavour from apricots.

Only used frozen and defrosted fruit and have put that in at around day 5 for 5 days and then racked it off.
If the juice is sweetened i think i would rinse the fruit first or if just natural juice sling the whole lot in
Now after all the replies i guess it will all be as clear as mud:doh::lol:

Only used frozen and defrosted fruit and have put that in at around day 5 for 5 days and then racked it off.
If the juice is sweetened i think i would rinse the fruit first or if just natural juice sling the whole lot in
Now after all the replies i guess it will all be as clear as mud:doh::lol:

Yep, think we've covered every option between us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and Mr Alside gave me a "thumbs Up' confusing isn't it matey

Not really. The forum is here to help forumites with their questions and requests, no matter how obsure. If a forumite wants to make a coal and cherry stout 'its up to them'. I'm sure people dont come here to read unhelpful comments. There's social media for that.

I have given my advice, which you haven't, Mr helpful, so I stand by what I said from a rainy ireland
Peaches live in cream and en regalia

I've seen a video of a chap using the juice too. I wish I'd done the same with theango beer. Yes I'd add it

I have given my advice, which you haven't, Mr helpful, so I stand by what I said from a rainy ireland
Peaches live in cream and en regalia

You've obviously never had a fruit beer then. In which case your post is meaningless cos your not giving the OP member any useful info. Or anyone else for that matter who maybe considering adding fruit to they're beer.

You've obviously never had a fruit beer then. In which case your post is meaningless cos your not giving the OP member any useful info. Or anyone else for that matter who maybe considering adding fruit to they're beer.
Obviously you have my passport which is a slight worry, which I can get over. Been to Belium in 1969 and tried the beers tho my father didn't have the same luxury at Dunkirk

Back