Bobek and Chinook in Combo

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jammybstard

Reaction score
Planning a 40 IBU Pale Ale with chinook and some Bobek,
I'd like lots of late and dry hop flavour.

Do you think Bobek and chinook would work together?

I was thinking Chinook to bitter, Bobek to steep and more chinook in Dry?
Any thoughts? Anyone tried this combo?

I just dry hopped a fermenter of pale ale with chinook and the other fermenter with cascade. The aroma from chinook is unreal and I think it should work out well. I'll probably do an all chinook pale ale soon if the chinook works out well for dry hopping. I would say go for the chinook and bobek although you might not know the bobek is there :D

yeah they are both full on hops. Should give bags of hop fruitiness.

What yeast will you be using??

I agree with kitoog, chinook is a very citrusy / grapefruit flavour and the bobek has quite a light floral flavour and aroma - will be nice but you may loose the bobek a bit. A really nice combo is chinook bittering and cascade flavour and aroma :thumb:

Hmmm, Food for thought.

What do you think of all chinook in the boil/steep and Bobek in dry? I have fifty grams of Bobek left, I'd like to know it's flavour. The other hop I have is fuggles which I've never used. I could use fuggles/Bobek.

Fuggles and bobek work very nicely together - hobgoblin uses these hops together :thumb: Would also work well in a pale ale with fuggle as bittering and late additions of fuggle and bobek :D

rickthebrew said:
Fuggles and bobek work very nicely together - hobgoblin uses these hops together :thumb: Would also work well in a pale ale with fuggle as bittering and late additions of fuggle and bobek :D

I might go all Chinook in the pale then and save the Bobek for a combo with Fuggle; possibly a stout. I've never done a stout!

The Chinooks are great....will work quite well as single hop IMO, just go easy towards the end or you may overpower it.
Bobeks are a great bittering and finishing hop, but I think they would be lost amongst the Chinooks personally.

Bobek blends well as a bittering addition with Goldings or Challenger.

Fuggles work great in stouts.....classic mild, smooth bitterness...load them up at the begining without to much fear :thumb:

Have fun :grin:

Jammybstard said:
rickthebrew said:

I might go all Chinook in the pale then and save the Bobek for a combo with Fuggle; possibly a stout. I've never done a stout!

sounds like a good plan :thumb:

Latest posts

Back