Good taste???

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Druncan

Senior Moments
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sitting drinking my 6% ABV well hopped American style IPA and cannot taste it,,,, However, I have had just O/D'd on Strathdon Blue Cheese on crackers and some spicy chutney, wot I do. Strong, flavoursome stuff,,,,

And I thought, How can my palate cope. Do not expect or drink anything good if you consume strong flavours before trying to enjoy what you brew,,,, or, does any one have palate cleansing techniques that actually work?

We seem to focus so much on declaring our perceived taste sensations without incorporating the effects of what we have previously consumed before,,, or doing some palate cleansing exercises?

Apparently, you are what you eat, and sadly I'm a vegetarian, now even unable to taste my beer, :doh:

Do I need Help? or more chutney,,, or more beer :-?

Don't some of those wine tasting lot eat dry bread between spitting into a bucket and doing all that sucking and gargling again?
Or a lemon slice ..

Something acidic might do the trick..like an apple perhaps...

and then more beer...
Well as beer is acidic I doubt that would work but I was more interested in the cheese and pickle he was eating, sounded better than the beer.

Well as beer is acidic I doubt that would work but I was more interested in the cheese and pickle he was eating, sounded better than the beer.

I had found a 1/2kg well ripened Strathdon cheese in our catering fridge. Out of durability code so - scrap! It is OOD and all mine. When in fact it is perfectly matured smelly and runny,,,:twisted:

It was also my gar Okra pickle that should be here;
http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=699202&postcount=9

It is also so dangerous, in so many ways, :twisted:

Latest posts

Back