Bittering hops?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used to be a big fan of Columbus.
But now swear by CO2 extract. Best results I've had by far.

So not really much difference then. I'll try some Magnum/Challenger next time, although I have a block of Chinook to get through as well.
Hopefully I'll get a couple of good base brews together soon and can then start fine tuning.

I use Magnum for everything. High alpha acid so it works out cheap to use and low co-humolene so smooth bittering. Fairly clean and neutral as a bittering hop too

Do you use Magnum for English Bitter? I have something of a long running goal to perfect a bitter and am more or less settled on Challenger as the bittering hop but if Magnum's a smoother option I do have some in the freezer...

Do you use Magnum for English Bitter? I have something of a long running goal to perfect a bitter and am more or less settled on Challenger as the bittering hop but if Magnum's a smoother option I do have some in the freezer...

Yes, I use Magnum for bittering but I've never used challenger for bittering so I've never compared. Therefore I'd continue using challenger if I was you

Back