How many times have you brewed?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duxuk

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'm just curious. I rarely buy bottles but I do like to drink a couple a day and often a little more at the weekend:). I don't know how many extracts I've brewed and I haven't brewed a kit since the '80s but my record books show 106 AG brews, mainly of 23 litres. Who drank all that?:oops:

A quick estimate based on current production suggests about 600 AG brews. Actually it'll be a fair bit more than that cos I'm not an alcoholic anymore. Plus kits in the days of yore, and wine....

I've been brewing just under two years (got my stuff at Christmas 2015) and I've done 2 kits, 2 extract brews and 14 AG plus 4 meads, a turbo cider and an alcoholic ginger beer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started with an AG brew on 5th May 2014. Have done 57 AG homebrews, 2 extract brews and 2 on commercial kit.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Coming up to a year at Christmas and I've got maybe 10 kits a turbocider which was today and 3 AG. Once my sack of malt arrives that'll be 5AG within two weeks. And probably another kit just to keep the fv busy while I'm at work.

Been on this forum 16 months so that was when I started, did about 15 kits, 3 extract and I just bottled AG8. 5 of the kits were 10 litres from Brewferm so that's about 450 litres, 900 pints give or take :-o

I have recorded 142 brews since starting HB again in 2013. 51 are using the GF and the ones preceding that would be kits, leading into pimped up kits and then onto partial mashes with 10L of AG plus a one can kit, made to 23L.

Perhaps a similar quantity when I brewed and made wine back in the early 1980's. Maybe more, then, but hard to say, given that drinking beer in a pub was a cheap and friendly option in those days.

Been brewing since Oct last year, 6 kits and 10 AG brews with my Grainfather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My last was my 25th all grain. Including wine, perry, cider, mead, kits, partial mash, ginger beer, etc..., I've done 60 brews.

About 8 AG I think ! And loving it.
A good few TC’s and wines too.
Oh and a rather feisty ginger beer !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did 3 kits between Christmas 2011 and summer 2016 then went AG, 4 stove-top batches and Grainfather batch 8 is fermenting just now. There's also been 15 batches split between mead, wine and ciders a lot of which have been undrinkable...

So 15 beer, 30 fermentation's in total. Quite surprising.

Sixty in the just under three years, since I restarted.
I also brewed regularly for about 25 years starting in 1970 but have absolutely no idea how many batches I made up. It must have been a lot.

Interesting stuff. I'm doing about 25 AGs per year so I'm probably about average. AG 107 will be done this week.

Numerous kits over the years, good, bad & indifferent but now planning my 11th AG early Dec, all the AG beers have been so much better than any kit I've ever used. And Santa is bringing me my 2nd Corny Keg, so SHMBO says!
Cheers

3 kits, started in August this year. Hoping to get some BIAB gear for Xmas!

Back