I wonder if

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornyandy

Reaction score
Hi all, I hope I am not standing on toes here, nor going against forum rules (though I can't find anything that would suggest it)

With an increasing number of AG Brewers in the West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire and North Lincs area I wonder if we could come together to look at whether we could get together to see if money could be saved by getting an order of malt from say "Fawcett's" in Castleford (Up the Tigers)

I did contact them a few years ago by email and they said they would be happy to talk but the amount of malt that made a minimum order for one person was too much. They were very approachable and friendly though. I know this is a bit of cutting out the HBS middle man and I hope no- one is offended by this idea. I would be happy to do the leg work in terms of contacts and arrangements but with only a 1 litre Corsa (oh for my old Sharan) I can't do much about collection or delivery.

This is only a tentative idea and I hope not to upset any of our Home brew suppliers but it might be worth a thought. let me know what you think and, to our Mods if this is not OK with you guy please feel free to delete this post and accept my apologies

Cheers

A

Hi all, I hope I am not standing on toes here, nor going against forum rules (though I can't find anything that would suggest it)

With an increasing number of AG Brewers in the West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire and North Lincs area I wonder if we could come together to look at whether we could get together to see if money could be saved by getting an order of malt from say "Fawcett's" in Castleford (Up the Tigers)

I did contact them a few years ago by email and they said they would be happy to talk but the amount of malt that made a minimum order for one person was too much. They were very approachable and friendly though. I know this is a bit of cutting out the HBS middle man and I hope no- one is offended by this idea. I would be happy to do the leg work in terms of contacts and arrangements but with only a 1 litre Corsa (oh for my old Sharan) I can't do much about collection or delivery.

This is only a tentative idea and I hope not to upset any of our Home brew suppliers but it might be worth a thought. let me know what you think and, to our Mods if this is not OK with you guy please feel free to delete this post and accept my apologies

Cheers

A

Its not against forum rules Andy, in fact we have a section for this ;) #movedthread :rofl:

Thanks Steve, Sorry I missed the group buys and stuck it in grains etc. Anyhow it looks as though it's a non starter.

Thanks for putting it in the right place though

A

Thanks Steve, Sorry I missed the group buys and stuck it in grains etc. Anyhow it looks as though it's a non starter.

Thanks for putting it in the right place though

A

Not a problem Andy, if i had been closer i would have been up for it:sick:

I might be interested, what kind of qty's are we talking about to make it viable? i work in normanton and live in halifax so if people needed it delivering i could probably drop it off (i have an estate car) i presume it would be something like 25kg of otter each?

Back