Summer Holidays!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graz

Landlord.
Reaction score
Where are you going / what are you doing?

I've got the first two weeks of August off. Possibly against my better judgement I've just booked us in for camping in Pembrokeshire during the first week. First time doing a whole week away with the kids (4 & 6), have kept it to 2 - 3 nights up until now. Hoping the weather is conducive, I'll be happy if I've got a lukewarm beer in my hand and some meat sizzling on the BBQ at the end of the day. Hope to get some body boarding in too.

Second week we'll have a few day trips and spend some time at home, got a 10ft pool for the kids this year so they'd better get some use out of it!

Off to Japan for 3 weeks this time next week. It's been six months since I last had any meaningful time off (had a week away in Feb but it was marred by a death in the family just before we went so couldn't really relax at all) so I'm very much looking forward to it.

Saving to take the kids to Disneyland Paris next May half term, (shh don't tell them :lol: )

Torquay for us this year. Our whole workforce has had to take a 10% wage cut to avoid redundancies.
Not complaining though, the kids love it as much as anywhere we've been abroad. Just have to rely on the good old British weather to play ball.

:nono:I am British Sir
NOT a yank,Yanks have vacations
thank you:lol:

The annoying thing is we seem to have adopted the saying they were using it last summer on the news and it really did wind me up.

Going to Wicklow this year as it's hard to save for a holiday abroad with four kids.The cost of flights alone.
A few years back we had booked a holiday home in Côte d'Azur south of France.Holiday home was £500 and flights were £1260,such a rip off...

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Off to Newquay last week in July as usual, as that's where Mrs MQ's parents live, so a very cheap holiday.I love it down there. Got a really good deal on train tickets too, £50 return each when usually their nearer £100

With baby no 2 due next month we weren't going away but decided on a short break so glamping at Isle of Wight for 4 days. Weather is fantastic. This year we have done a number of short breaks rather than one holiday.

Being retired I am 'on holiday' not only in Summer but also Autumn, Winter, and Spring, when time at home is interspersed with 'going away'.
That said, like any holiday, mine will come to an end sooner or later. :-?

Latest posts

Back