Who Knows - 8

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

It's been a while but I'm back to having more resources available to me .... yada, yada and therefore it's competition time.....

On the 08/10/2017 I brewed my xmas 2018 beer. Here's the ingredients..

500g each of dark crystal, smoked malt, choc malt & roasted barley
500g dwe
2.5kg dme
500g dark candi sugar
454g can of gs

mangrove jacks m41 yeast used.
topped up to 21.5 litres.

The closest to the OG and FG win a bottle of their choice from my sig... delivered free of charge to anywhere the royal mail will deliver for £2.90! - (Uk mainland NI & EIRE I believe.)

The winner is likely to be picked in a few weeks when I've bottled the above brew. Get your guesses in quick.... There are two forum members who have both won this comp twice, you guys know who you are, can you make it a hat trick?

good luck!

ps: if there's nothing in the sig you fancy I'm doing a follow on mango/pineapple/grapefruit beer (not decided which yet) or you could have one sent to someone else deserving of a bottle of HB.

I'll guess 1.082 - 1.016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All,

It's been a while but I'm back to having more resources available to me .... yada, yada and therefore it's competition time.....

On the 08/10/2017 I brewed my xmas 2018 beer. Here's the ingredients..

500g each of dark crystal, smoked malt, choc malt & roasted barley
500g dwe
2.5kg dme
500g dark candi sugar
454g can of gs

mangrove jacks m41 yeast used.
topped up to 21.5 litres.

Promise you give a more detailed recipe after the contest! I'm drooling ._.

Hmmm, 1.083 -> 1.011 is my guess. 9.6% ABV should provide a decent layer of insulation at Christmas!

update: was going to bottle tuesday/wednesday but it seems i've had my first ever stuck fermentation. I called in the saisonator and now its started up again.

Hoping to bottle next week :roll:

Hi All,

I have enough entries so no more guesses after this post will be accepted.

The beer will be bottled on the 14th or 17th November So I'll have the FG figure by then. The winner will get their bottle in time for xmas :thumb:

It stuck at 1.030 :oops: which was a first but I added some more yeast and gave it a little swirl, its displaced the airlock again without bubbling so its getting bottled come what may as I need the fv for a pale beer for xmas!
(To balance out all my strong dark ones.)

Anyways I was expecting around 1.018 but using the saison yeast might get it a bit lower. I'll just use less priming sugar if the FG is coming in a little high and of course a plastic bottle as a carb tester.

Back