Christmas brew schedules

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvt_ak

Budding Brewer !
Reaction score
Just been reviewing mine :

To do still:

25L Cali Common - bottle on Sunday.
25L Grapefruit Pale Ale - bottle end of Nov.
25L Kolsch - leaving this late but should be drinkable around 14th Dec.
25L Mulled Apple TC - bottle end of Nov.
25L Strawberry WOW - bottle end of Nov.
25L Sparkling Dry white Wow - bottle end of Nov

In stock:

Citra IPA
Goldings Smash
Cali Common
Random amber ale (odds and sods hops).
Various fruit wines from the summer .

Anyone else thinking they’ve over planned this !?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the guests drinking?
I keep drinking my reserves! I got a full batch of devil's backbone ipa; a keg of gh summer ale,a dry stout, black ipa,a few oddments left plus the ptarmigan I put on yesterday. I'm hoping to do another stout and another pale...a bit low on malt though...

What's the guests drinking?

I keep drinking my reserves! I got a full batch of devil's backbone ipa; a keg of gh summer ale,a dry stout, black ipa,a few oddments left plus the ptarmigan I put on yesterday. I'm hoping to do another stout and another pale...a bit low on malt though...

Similar challenges on reserves ! Better than commercial stuff , that’s the problem !!

I have my Cali Common all ready and being drank.

Christmas brown ale is carbonated and being left to condition until December.

Oatmeal stout will be bottled tomorrow

APA to be brewed this week

Have a Beamish to go into a mini keg,a diy dog 'Hunter pale' same treatment for a mate.Other than that have loads in reserve as have cut back a tad on the booze due to some health issues:twisted:
Not totally however:lol:

Oatmeal stout already bottled and in PB. IPA getting dry hops this week then bottled the following week. And I've got some commercial Belgians. I think that'll do as I won't have many beer drinking guests!

Let's do the math....
For myself...
16 days off over Christmas, five bottles per day;a couple of big sessions, plus free loaders...
16 x 5 (+20)+ 10 = 110
Looks frighteningly not enough....

I have
Pb stout in keg carbing
Blackberry saison in keg carbing
Cali common in fv
Neipa with simcoe and ekuanot luplins
Mexican cerveza lagering
Want to do one more too either a wheat beer or ipa that will be my six kegs full then

As I knew I would be in NZ until the 4th of Dec, I went on a bit of a brew before I left. I have 20L dark brown Ale..30L Stout, 20L of Coopers bitter, one other kit that alludes me as to which one, and 23l of cider I made off of a recipe I learned here using store bought apple juice. I think I will be OK through the holiday season. My hope is that I can get my kegerator built by the new year and then I will have so much less bottling to do...yippee!

Let's do the math....

For myself...

16 days off over Christmas, five bottles per day;a couple of big sessions, plus free loaders...

16 x 5 (+20)+ 10 = 110

It’s the sessions that throw the curve balls - I’ve had a few none beer drinkers recently suddenly taking a liking for a hand crafted Home brew when they visit ... and leaving a little wobbly legged 🤣

I'm completely empty on homebrew, but I'm not really drinking right now as we have a baby due next week. I do however have a Ruby red in the fermenting fridge, an American brown ale in the fv and a American pale ale ready to brew. That should fill the three kegs in the kegarator for Xmas. My next brew will be my first all grain probably done while on paternity leave lol, that can stay in the FV until we empty the first keg! I expect to have plenty of visitors this Xmas.

Just been sorting all my stock after doing up the bedroom.

7.5 L Belgian Braggot
14 L London Bitter
6 L Galaxy Pale
2 L Southern Brown (sad times)
11 L Brown Porter
3 L Fruitcake Barleywine (can't wait too see the years aging)

Then I've got 11.4 L Belgian Brunette to bottle soon and there's a 15 L batch of Saison which is bubbling slowly after being brewed last Friday.

Finally, my Scottish ale yeast experiment brew might get done in time for Christmas.

Have a Beamish to go into a mini keg,a diy dog 'Hunter pale' same treatment for a mate.Other than that have loads in reserve as have cut back a tad on the booze due to some health issues:twisted:
Not totally however:lol:
B####r it,going to do a Belgian Blonde tomorrow:mrgreen:

I've been busy brewing/planned ahead/shown immense willpower and will have the following ready to drink at Christmas:

20 x 500ml Bottles Dry Stout @ 3.6% ABV (Bottled in July and saved half the batch for Christmas)
20 x 500ml Bottles Double AIPA @ 7.1% ABV (Bottled on 8/10 and managed to save half the batch for Christmas)
20 x 500 ml Bottles English IPA @ 4.4 % ABV (Bottled on 21/10 and will have half the batch left for Christmas, if I slow down a bit with it)
30 x 330ml Bottles of Raspberry Ale @ 5.5% ABV (Bottled on 11/11 so should peak just in time)
40 x 500ml Bottles of English Bitter should be @ 4.0% ABV (Bottling on Sunday and should be ready in time for Christmas)
40 x 500ml Bottles of AIPA Should be @ 6.1% ABV (Bottling on 26th November and should be good to go at Christmas)

Was going to sneak a NEIPA in as well but have run out of space/bottles so that will have to wait for another day, and I reckon I have enough.

We're having loads of people over on various days, plus taking some round the in-laws as well, most of whom like their ale so whilst that may look like a lot, It'll soon go I reckon. If not, even better!

Just been reviewing mine :

To do still:

25L Cali Common - bottle on Sunday.
25L Grapefruit Pale Ale - bottle end of Nov.
25L Kolsch - leaving this late but should be drinkable around 14th Dec.
25L Mulled Apple TC - bottle end of Nov.
25L Strawberry WOW - bottle end of Nov.
25L Sparkling Dry white Wow - bottle end of Nov

In stock:

Citra IPA
Goldings Smash
Cali Common
Random amber ale (odds and sods hops).
Various fruit wines from the summer .

Anyone else thinking they’ve over planned this !?

You make a lot of cider right? Have I got time to get one (with supermarket juice) done before Christmas?

Let's do the math....
For myself...
16 x 5 (+20)+ 10 = 110

I'd agree, that does look scary. I need to get a 'lighter brew' (5-6%) to mix in with all the heavyweights I have in stock. :grin:

Latest posts

Back