The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DTS

Reaction score
Hi all
I am new to this forum and new to brewing.I have made 4 brews so far all extract i am contemplating all grain but for now am happy to stick with extract.
My first brew was Woodfordes Wherry which i was very happy with so i brewed it a second time but added some Fuggles hops and again i was happy with it.
I then brewed a St Peters Ruby Red and it was nice but had an aromatic aftertaste and i thought it was not quite right. My friends tried it and said it was nice but also felt the aftertaste was not correct. I have now brewed a courage best and had the same after taste so im thinking it may be the sanitiser in the bottles (im not using a keg) im thinking i didn't drain the bottles off well enough and the bit of sanitiser left in the bottle is creating the taste. I am currently 2 days into a woodfordes tinsel toes brew and have bought a bottle drainer to dry them off a bit more. i am using brew safe no rinse sanitiser just for info.
A long winded first post i know but hopefully i can get some good tips here.:thumb:

Thanks for the info i will get some star san and use that and see if it helps.
I am still turning out decent beer just need to tweak a bit

I only brew extract kits myself and so far loving it. I need to learn to tweak my brews with added hops etc...but for a lark, look at the Coopers website and check out the recipes. They have all kinds of kit mix and match that are keeping me right some busy. In time I will look again at all grain...but Im enjoying this home brew thing just as it is. You can get all the info you will ever need here.

Latest posts

Back