Cleaning ACE boiler/tea urn boilrer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi!
I use a solution Wizz Oxy - after I've drained the boiler of the wort I rinse the inside with cold water, add the Wizz Oxy and give the interior a good clean with a sponge, paying close attention to the base where gunge may have collected. Don't use a scourer etc as it may scratch the s. steel.
I leave the Wizz Oxy in the boiler for about 10 minutes, discard and rinse well.

If it's particularly stained you could use bar keepers friend. But Oxy clean/sodium percarbonate for general cleaning. People swear by PBW too but it's expensive

Hi!
For first use, give it a rinse with cold water, not forgetting to run water out of the tap.
If you want to be ultra-cautious, clean with Wizz Oxy, again remembering to run it through the tap. Rinse thoroughly after cleaning.
You don't need to sanitise the boiler - the boil sanitises anything.
Anything you do pre-boil (water treatment, milling grain etc) does not need to be sanitised.
Once you have finished the boil, then everything must be sanitised.
PS I use Wizz Oxy because it's cheap and readily available from B&M. They often have it on a two-for-one offer. As MyQul said, PBW is the canine cojones for cleaning but it is expensive - I've got some and keep it in reserve for stubborn gunk.

Back