Raspberryade

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

second2none

Reaction score
Syrop_Malina_z_K_4b4e14fb90270.jpg

Towicz - Malina syrop owocowy

In asda in the UK I came across this Raspberry drink in the polish (foreign) food aisle.
One of the girls stocking the shelves saw me looking at it and trying to figue out what it was, she told me she loved it so I thought I'd give it a try.
It was only £1 (86p on sale days) a bottle and when I got home I saw it had no preservatives colours or other nasty chemicals in it this combined with the fact I had a spare 5L demi gave me burst of inspiration:

The full 440ml of "Syrop owocowy” ((Raspberry stuff))
4.5L water
400g white sugar
1 flat teaspoon of yeast (youngs super wine yeast is best)
1 teaspoon of yeast nutrient or a good glug of lemon juice (important in this brew else u will be waiting weeks not days)

Its getting colder in my house so took just over a week to ferment out
Racked and bottled and primed with about 45 grams of sugar.
Delicious after about 2 weeks,
Brilliant colour fizz and taste well worth a go.
ABV about 5.5% (use less sugar if you want it any weaker)

After the great success I had with this recipe I just wanted to share it.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I shopped at ASDA today and oh my gosh how did that happen a bottle of the CHERRY version of this along with 4lts of APPLE JUICE fell into the trolley...............

Cant understand a word on the label so going to boil it just incase :thumb:

Yeah I Tried the cherry one, Its nice but a bit bitter... some friends have tried the strawberyone in TC and loved it

I like the raspberry one the best fermemnted with Water, but looking to do it with some apple when my current projects (DIYWKD & Dandilion & Burdock Finish)

They starting to sell this stuff all over, I saw it in the pound shop, Tescos, Asda and tastes nice as on icecream!!!

Thanks Ade :thumb: Wont bother boiling it then :whistle: .

S2N. How BITTER was it....... Might add some splender will have to see when its done.

This started off so simple,
Bottle of raspberry, sugar, yeast and water

And honestly it makes a nice drink!
No need for your fancy chemicals that people need a brew shop to find!

The Tesco near me has this stuff for 89p. Picked up a bottle of it and making up the Raspberryade now. Will let ya know how I get on.

EDIT: Smells and tastes great. Can't wait until this is done. Sadly, I only had wine yeast, so we'll see how that works out :oops:

ok I have found the cherry cordial in my local supermarket, got home got everything ready and I am out of wine and cider yeast. My local wilco is also out of everything. Do I bite the bullet and order online, hope it is delivered before the mix goes off or use ale yeast? I have so4 and us-05?

Hi this is our first time brewing. Tonight we made a gallon each of strawberry, rasberry, and cherry.

We sanitized everything and rinsed with cold water.

We followed the recipe in the first post.

We dissolved the sugar in 1 litre from kettle. Then we added the bottle of syrup, and topped up to 3.5 litre total volume which we had marked on the side earlier. We left 1 litre clearance to add one more litre of water in a day or two. We didn't want to risk a "blowout."

Once it was at the 3.5 L mark we added 1 teaspoon of youngs super wine yeast compound and swirled so that the yeast was not sitting dry on top.

We forgot our thermometer but the trial jar felt just slightly cool to the touch and we guessed that it was about 60F. We took Sg and it was 1.082, that's high(I think) but remember we left out 1L of water.

My only concern right now is that do you think that the sugar concentrate might be too strong for the yeast to start? I doubt it but thought I would ask anyways.

Also, whats the ideal fermentation temperature for this?

I tried all the syrups with water and I like the cherry the best :) :thumb:

Ok well my reading could have been off because of temperature or something. I did it in a trial jar with 80ml of liquid in it. I spun it when I dropped it in as well.

Temps have been between 22 and 25 c over night. Will check the high and low again today.

Hi there. Been 4 days since we started these. Temp is down to about 16c. that are only bubbling every 20-30 seconds now. could they be nearly finished or could it jstu be the low temp effecting it?

wow never seen brewing made so simple! is there a cherry version of this recipe? i have a feeling it will be a hit with me and my girlfriend an i get to dodge the bullet of making her some wine :cool:

There are three flavours: Raspberry, Cherry and Strawberry
but the strawberry is new and isnt in my supermarkets yet!

I have done the raspberry and cherry and personally like the raspberry one best, the cherry taste slightly more bitter (but only because cherries are naturally more tart) There is harly any difference between the two, but enough for me to to recommend doing the raspberry one! But I guess thats just personal taste :)

Like I said I havent done the strawberry but people who have done it have reported to me that its much sweeter and takes longer to ferment and clear but over all good reports, especially from peoples girlfriends :clap:

I love keeping things simple, thanks for the prasie,
give it a go, you've already done the hardest part (finding the recipe)

So its been 15 days now. Temps have been really low. 12-18c, average 14-15ish.

They've all been topped up to 5L now. They are all bubbling still at 11-14 seconds.

SG of each, Cherry 1020 , Raspberry 1022 , and strawberry 1030.

At this rate it seems like it could take forever. I will test in two more days and see where they are then.

They all taste pretty good so far.

Can some one tell me what the SG should have been in the beginning? (1 bottle, 400g additional sugar to a total of 5L of water? ) I'd like to know what the %'s are right now.

Also how low should I let this go if I want to bottle fizzy? Will it go down to 1.000 ish?

rickthebrew said:
My raspberry wine (SG 1082) has finished at around 1000 - added some pot sorbate just in case - racked and clearing, retained the flavour well :cheers:

I made some of this Raspberryade and it did not retain the flavor very much at all. I substituted the cider yeast with wine yeast as it was all I had. However, I didn't make it like you would normally make a wine, but to the recipe in this thread.

It came out okay, but I definitely prefer it with the cider yeast. So much that I have another 2 DJs on the go atm! :)

I made my wine with some red grape juice and sugar and added the raspberry syrup after a couple of weeks - maybe this helped retain the flavour????

My raspberry wine has turned out an absolute winner!! Weekend BBQ saw three bottles drunk between my missus and her mate - my mum had a couple of glasses and a shop bought wine was left unopened and another with a glass gone - the raspberry won everyone over so i`ll be getting another four gallons on along with some turkish apple tea wine :cool: :cool: :cool:

I love brewing :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I currently have all my Wine DJ's fermenting in the airing cupboard which maintains a temp roughly 21-24 celcius, is this too warm if I was to try making this recipe? It sounds fantastic :)

Back