Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Beer Brewing Talk > Beer Kits & Brewing Equipment Reviews. > Coopers IPA review

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #21
Kinleycat

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Default Re: Coopers IPA review

Got a couple of these in the shed, planning on adding a Citra hop tea or dry hopping.
Any ideas?

Old 06-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #22
Lord weatherby

Drinking this now and I'm loving it 800g of brew enhancer and the other 200 for priming. Had one problem that someone may be able to answer, keged the beer 7 weeks ago and left in house for 4 days fitted with gas injector top,bottom of barrel ballooned a bit so pressure not a prob moved to shed and wrapped in a coat! After 4 weeks in shed needed to try a pint poured 1 off very lively and tasted great next day time for another but no pressure at all! I put a gas bulb on and everything's been fine since is the cold shed a factor in this?

Old 07-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #23
mmaguy41

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 9

The co2 may have been dissolved into the beer which would give you a carbonated beer but less pressure, easly fixed with a blast of co2 though.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #24
Markus

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Forgive my ignorance. I see a few posters mentioned adding tea or hopped tea to this kit. I just brewed it up and had a quick sup of the mixture. I thought I got vague tea taste from it. Would that be right? I don't think I've ever drank IPA so not sure what it should be like.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:59 PM   #25
Markus

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Also curious about fermentation times. I'm 24 hours in. And very little head activity. A first for me. Is this a slow starter or anything?

Old 05-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #26
Markus

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Blast off. Well, lift off anyway. Gentle ferment compared to my previous three Coopers kits! But well on it's way.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #27
Kinleycat

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Put one of these on yesterday.
1/2 light spray malt 1/2 brewing sugar.
Plan to dry hop this (and the Wilko Golden Ale) with 50g each of Styrian Goldings for the last five days of primary.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #28
Reloaderdan

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have just finished this brew with a few tweaks. Firstly I boiled 2 ltr of water and then added 25 grams of column's hops and boiled for 15 mins when finished I strained my hop bag back into the box pot I then mixed 500grams of medium malt extract and stored untill dissolved I then added 300 grams of brewers sugar and again stored untill dissolved added the mixture to my bin followed by the ipa tin and water I then added a further 15grams of column's in my hop bag threw this in the mix added my yeast and closed it up for 7 days.

I have brewed this a few times like this and it blows the original recipe out of the water in terms of depth of flavour and character.mm
Richie_asg1 Likes This 
Old 14-04-2013, 10:00 AM   #29
Brewing Boilerman

Im looking at doing this as one of my next brews. Has anyone tried it with either 1kg DME and 300g brewing sugar. Or just 1.5 KG of DME?
Conditioning Coopers Cerveza, Coopers Euro,
Drinking - Coopers APA
Upcoming Brews -Coopers IPA, Coopers Sparkling Ale

Old 04-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #30
Midlife

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Afternoon, this is my third brew. Did the standard 500g Spraymalt and 300g of dextrose. After 4 weeks bottled very pleased with the result, a nice beer. My only comment would be its lacking a bit of head... So my question is if I replace the dextrose with brew enhancer 2, would this add a decent head?

Cheers

Doug