Has anyone seen any good movies lately?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
pretty much self explanatory. i've gone through my movie collection so many times and it need some new titles in there. old or new, comedy horror dont care just anything worth watching?
:cheers:

Right now I am watching district 9 for the first and last time.... terrible!

BrewDan said:
Right now I am watching district 9 for the first and last time.... terrible!

I thought that was a cracking film!

Freebie and the Bean.snatch.Slapshot only the first 1 though the rest or shocking. Mystery Alaska.

What do you like?

What have you already seen?

Rather difficult to work out what to suggest without knowing either of those :)

I like my Sci Fi, have you seen Star Ship Troopers? Old but nicely amusing without taking itself too seriously as anything really :)

Not a movie but Six Feet Under is the best bit of TV I have ever seen. It is 5 seasons long and is a bit hard to get into but well worth it

TV dramawise , how about "House MD" amazing stuff or darker something like "Dexter." "Bones" is great too.

I keep on catching Top gun on film 4 :lol: :lol:

Fond memories of watching that back in the day at the cinema :whistle: :whistle:

i've seen and enjoyed: House MD, district 9, The Book of Eli, snatch and Top gun (altho hot shots is better). i've heard good things about dexter so i'll give that a whirl.
TRXnMe said:
What do you like?

What have you already seen?

Rather difficult to work out what to suggest without knowing either of those :)
i will give pretty much anything a go but if i had to pick my top 5 genres id say crime, comedy, war, bio and historical
as for what i've seen the list is to long to write....sorry

I enjoyed district 9 too, very gritty, and I loved that it was all secretly about Africa.

Been on an action tip lately so watched Enemy Of The State, Die Hard x4, Mission Impossible x4, all enjoyable at least.

Favourites? What might fall into horror - Dead Man's Shoes, really nasty but brilliant indie film by Danny Boyle. Downfall, film about Hitler's last few days in power, really brilliant. Panic Room, very interesting thriller. City of God is wickid too, all about the drug wars in the favela in Rio De Janiero.

Comedy - Hot Rod is hilarious slapstick, Baseketball is about the best comedy i've ever seen, O Brother, Where Art Thou? is fantastic too, hilarious in places, great story. All worth a watch :thumb:

Try Chuck the tv series, very funny. As for films, RED is good fun, loved Kick Ass, Scott Pilgrim v The World is a bit different and She's Out of My League has some great moments in it.

I can heartily recommend " A lonely Place to Die" which I watched recently with the Mrs. Really good new film. Also " Troll Hunter" was good too.

DC

Have you seen Ironclad?

Brit flick, made in Wales boyo, historically quite accurate and incredibly gory :)

I thought district 9 was an awesome movie. I watched a movie called source code the other day, it was a bit mushy and sentimental in bits but certainly worth a watch. I really enjoyed RED as well that was a good un. Has anyone seen "Rec"? Its bloody amazing, not for everyone I imagine (Spanish zombie movie) but insanely tense and wonderfully shot, one you'll remember for a while!

TV-wise ive been watching Spooks from the beginning which is pretty good...up to halfway through series 2

TV Comedy, have you seen The Big Ban Theory? It's American, but by Chuck Lorre (same as two and a half men) and it really quite good dry comedy.

Cononthebarber said:
I thought district 9 was an awesome movie. I watched a movie called source code the other day, it was a bit mushy and sentimental in bits but certainly worth a watch. I really enjoyed RED as well that was a good un. Has anyone seen "Rec"? Its bloody amazing, not for everyone I imagine (Spanish zombie movie) but insanely tense and wonderfully shot, one you'll remember for a while!

TV-wise ive been watching Spooks from the beginning which is pretty good...up to halfway through series 2

rec was bad ass!!!! one of the only movies made in the last ten years that i consider scary, altho im really ****** off the yanks remade it and called it quarintine or some s**t, they did the same with a british film called 'death at a funeral' same story same script american actors..... i just dont see the point :evil:

What about 'bladerunner'- directors cut awesome movie. Comedy has to be 'the hangover', funny as. For old times sake 'ferris buellers day off'

Latest posts

Back