Geordie Lager kit - is it ok?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garry35

Reaction score
I've got a Geordie Lager kit in the FV, started last Monday.

I 've pulled 2 samples (saturday and sunday to check the hydrometer readings) and though it's definitely working (getting closer to 1.006) but the actual beer is really pale, much lighter than either of the coopers lagers I've brewed (european and aussie).

Is this usual for a geordie lager/ is the kit ok?

Cheers.

Garry

Garry, i've not brewed that myself but as long as it smells ok at this stage it's probably OK and is just a difference between the kits.

I too started this same kit last monday, mine has now stopped fermenting and i will bottle either later tonight or tomorrow.

I had a little taste, although its not the finished article, it tasted and smelt damn fine!!

jon

did it look a little light in colour for a lager?

I've used brewing sugar, as it's just a quick kit I'm boshing out for people to drink when they help me move house, so I think it might be different with LME or other stuff.

Now I've got it to this stage I may as well bottle and find out!

now its all bottled, its gone thicker, and slightly darker, in appearence similar to a commercial lager like fosters, although not as harshly bubbly!!

it was my first kit too, and i'm pleased... alround a good starter!! :D

I bottled mine yesterday too, it's darkened up a bit.

It still looked quite pale in the tester jar, maybe that had something to do with it.

Now to wait a couple of weeks, and see what it tastes like!

Good to hear, my entire batch is a reward for the people helping me and SWMBO move house a week Saturday!

Latest posts

Back