Vintners reserve Sauvignon Blanc Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pearlfisher

Landlord.
Reaction score
This was my second attempt at a Sauvignon Blanc kit .
Previously I'd made a 6 bottle kit of Beaverdale Sauvignon Blanc which I was extremely pleased with and was ready to drink as soon as I bottled it but there didn't seem to be much difference between the first bottle and the last bottle four months later.

When I bottled this 7 days ago the first mouthful from the syphon tube was very non descript and I feared the worst.
3 days later I decded to open one because I hadn't put the cork in very securely ;) it was very drinkable but still not quite as tasty as the Beaverdale.
Tonight I had fish for tea and didn't fancy a beer ,had a belly full last night! so I opened another bottle which I thought I may have left too much gap in ;) ,it was now as good if not better than the Beaverdale.

Already planning my next 30 bottle kit , I think I'm going for Kenridge Classic Chateau Du Roi .

bobsbeer said:
How long have you left it to mature?

Pearlfisher said:
This was my second attempt at a Sauvignon Blanc kit .
Previously I'd made a 6 bottle kit of Beaverdale Sauvignon Blanc which I was extremely pleased with and was ready to drink as soon as I bottled it but there didn't seem to be much difference between the first bottle and the last bottle four months later.

When I bottled this 7 days ago the first mouthful from the syphon tube was very non descript and I feared the worst.
3 days later I decded to open one because I hadn't put the cork in very securely ;) it was very drinkable but still not quite as tasty as the Beaverdale.
Tonight I had fish for tea and didn't fancy a beer ,had a belly full last night! so I opened another bottle which I thought I may have left too much gap in ;) ,it was now as good if not better than the Beaverdale.

Already planning my next 30 bottle kit , I think I'm going for Kenridge Classic Chateau Du Roi .

I am assuming from your reply that it has matured for 7 days? May I suggesst that you leave it for 6 month or longer if you can, and I am sure you will notice a benificial difference. While it may taste good now, it should be great if you leave it. The Kenridge is a good kit but to get it at its best you need to let it mature. Do this in bulk if you can.

Store in bulk. Store in a large airtight vessel with as small an air space as possible. So not in bottles. It is supposed toimprove the maturing of the flavor of the wine.sauvignon blanc needs this process if theres any hope of getting that sauv blanc taste
I have made up one of these kits and it worked out very well.
I noticed that the sg was a whopping 1093 as opposed to the normal 1080 of most kits.
I added an extra half gallon of water to steal a few extra bottles.

Latest posts

Back