Belvino Piesporter Kit Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentmark

Regular.
Reaction score
Got this as my first Kit wine (having done a couple of the juice-based recipies that are popular on here these days). Added bonus was it was half price (£10) as having just gone out of date. I wasn't worried about this as I knew I would be brewing within a couple of weeks of this anyway.

Brewed the kit as per instructions, only difference I added a little more sugar as I wanted it a bit more like a medium that a dry (instructions gave quantities for dry and desert wines - I went between the 2 for my sugar quantity).

Both the instructions and the labelling of the various pouches of ingridients was very clear and easy to follow.

Made up my FV, primary fermentation took a little longer than the instructions said, I assume because of the additional sugar. No biggy.

Followed the instructions with regards to adding all the finings etc, everything went according to plan. I was a little suspicious when the instructions said the wine could be bottled and drunk at the same time, but it's true!

Bottled a very clear wine, you couldn't tell its home brewed just by looking at it. Taste, well I doubt it would win any awards but as an easy to drink medium white wine it wins my vote! Really nice to taste, not too overpowering a flavour, can just drink and drink it. Brewed to 9.8% in the end. A lot of white wines set my indigestion off after a couple of glasses, not this one so an added bonus.

Would I pay full price for it? YES! It's only just under £20 normally for a 30 bottle kit. They also do a red kit and I think a rose, my favourite is red wine so will be getting one in the future.

HTH

I have made these kits and really love the pies Porter and chardonnay but hated the red. It was very weak and thin and clear in colour. Rose was OK but again thin but I think it would be good if less water was used.
I really liked the idea of the wine being made with the fruit and petals, it seemed more natural. I think I paid about £15 for my kits.

I might give this one a go after my Cantina Chardonnay is done. Although I agree - their "Classic Red" is thin and on the weak side, it does clear up very well and is perfectly drinkable. I put mine into 1.5L bottles, so there's enough to know you've had a drink ;)

Dave

Back