ridgeway brewery - Bad king john

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutnrun

Regular.
Reaction score
anyone else had this from sainsbos?

Mrs picked me up a couple when on offer... god i love it! :party: :cheers:

Stout but hoppy, light and fizzy 6%

I would say that most of the colour coms from steeping the black malts rather than mashing with them as there isnt too much of that flavour but no idea what the hops are. I must make a clone of this if anyone has any ideas about hops, grain, shedule ... well the whole clone recipie would ne nice please! :tongue:

No replies! It's a very good stout. I'm on my 3rd attempt. First two were good, but not quite there. Black malt definitely cold steeped IMO. At least 50% halcyon. Dry hopped with progress following early challenger and late goldings? I've used WLP005 so far.

Just look in the obvious places...

Hops: Admiral
Malts: Maris Otter Pale Ale, Crystal, Chocolate, Roasted Barley

From the brewery website.

No replies! It's a very good stout. I'm on my 3rd attempt. First two were good, but not quite there. Black malt definitely cold steeped IMO. At least 50% halcyon. Dry hopped with progress following early challenger and late goldings? I've used WLP005 so far.

The OP was posted in February 2013 I think he may have got fed up of waiting for a reply. :lol:

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

Just look in the obvious places...

Hops: Admiral
Malts: Maris Otter Pale Ale, Crystal, Chocolate, Roasted Barley

From the brewery website.

My freezer is full with challenger and goldings at the moment. I'll get some admiral for the 4th :thumb:

Latest posts

Back