The shed brewery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danb

Landlord.
Reaction score
we decided we would get another shed to put most tools in and all the bikes etc so the original shed could be turned into the brewhouse instead of brewing in the kitchen and carrying up stairs to ferment in the bedroom.
it'll be a slow build over a few weeks due to low funds but cant wait for the first brew in there.
the 3 tier stand is nearly finished ready to go in.
water supply in today ready to be connected up.
sockets and cable ready to be added for hlt and boiler.
fermenting fridge in waiting for a tube heater and stc 1000.
homemade sink drain for washing out equipment.
planning on a few more fridges from freecycle for fermenting and conditioning in.
just got to wait for the new shed to come next week then finish the insulation off and can get cracking.

brewstand

650mm trench for water supply

looking foreward to it as going from biab to 3v aswell. the first brew will be hop back summer lightning using yeast from one of there bottles :D
just wish the new shed would hurry up so I can empty this one and get on with it.

wouldn't dare lol with the brew stand fitted I wouldn't get the bikes and everything back in lol and she would go mad if I spent so much money on bikes again so soon. going to get all the garden levelled off to keep her happy then she cant moan when I go shiny later on in the year. :whistle:

no real progress but got the elbows and tees dropped off to do the grain filter in mt tomorrow and borrowed a rotavator in return of 2 bottles of wine so gardens all been churned up now to level when dry.

tank connector fitted to mash tun and grain filter nearly finished, just needs inside of the cuts cleaning up.

im not surprised!
I brewed today, which will hopefully be the last one on the patio :thumb: , next one in the shed! :pray:

all the water supply stuff I have ready aswell as waste water stuff just cant get in to fit yet. grain filter is finished, tank connector and pick up pipe is in the hlt and all that's left is fitting ball valves and plumbing together when on the stand.

well the new shed came this morning, so I have started emptying the brewshed and fitted all coach bolts and decent hasp to the new shed and added ventilation. can crack on now :D

its just a few map vents in the gable ends to stop condensation and let it breath a little.

water supply is all hooked up and fitted, no leaks :thumb: the 2nd fridge has been brought over from my grandads ready to go in to place tomorrow.

the electrics are in and working for the hlt, boiler and fan and also got the sockets, light and supply in the new shed all working. managed to acquire 4ft of worktop aswell to go in the brewshed and fitted a small work bench in the new shed.

Latest posts

Back