Pallets for garden furniture

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will12283

Landlord.
Reaction score
I am just aboutto finish a patio and watching FALAFAEL'S SHED take shape, and the ability to reuse meterials, I have decided to try and make some garden furniture out of pallets.

Now the fun bit I'm looking for pallets on the cheap ( or even free if I can get them)

I am in South Wales if that helps at all

Any help would be gratefully received :thumb:

Any local builders merchants or plumbers merchants will give you them, all deliveries come on pallets and bar the ones used for storage and jobs going out the rest are waste, and take up valuable room in expensive skips, they'll be more than happy to give you a few if they're lying about!!!

look at your local markets....
they will give you them as they have to pay to get rid ...

regards mick... :hat: .

I could probably get 30-40 palettes a week off the industrial estate I work on. :thumb: :thumb:

A lot get recycled but broken ones usually get left. :thumb:

Try your local garden centres for a start, builders merchants, kitchen/window places...even wood yards have them lying around!!

Good luck on the builds, and yes, i will be waiting eagerly for photo's too!!!!
:thumb:

Will be ordering my patio slabs in the next day or 2 so will ask there.

I now have a load of ideas of places to ask after that :thumb:

Will upload pics when I get around to starting this project

I've been looking around on ebay lately for garden furniture, and as it so happens there's a guy on there who sells pallet garden furniture!

Vossy1 said:
I've been looking around on ebay lately for garden furniture, and as it so happens there's a guy on there who sells pallet garden furniture!

Ain't seen that one, but that would take all the fun out of it all

I have seen plenty of ideas online and have a had a look on eBay and like some of the stuff that they have on there

Was in the builders merchants but at this time they don't have any palette that I could use (all a bit smashed up and in a bad way) so the hunt still goes on

A few people are keeping a lookout for me had an offer of some but they are in a mess. The search will go on. Hope to have it all sorted by the bank holiday weekend as I have the week off work after it :thumb:

A quick update patio has taken longer than expected (due to the nice weather and less free time than expected).

The search for pallets is still ongoing all the local companies I have been to so far all send them back, or the pallets were in a mess and not usable for my needs.

Have a few other places to ask so when I have the time will ask them as well

Well working in retail has finally come up trumps. Got 4 smallish pallets and 2 longer ones. Need a bit of work but i think it could make an L shape seating area. :thumb:

Will12283 said:
Was in the builders merchants but at this time they don't have any palette that I could use (all a bit smashed up and in a bad way) so the hunt still goes on

I do exactly what you are doing. I'm getting quite good at it, too. :whistle:

Except I turn nothing that is wood down.

The way I see it, you and I have incurred costs: time, petrol and maybe some other 'hidden' expenses - and to go away empty-handed is just plain criminal. The broken wood? I chop it up and barter it as kindling for something else I want. So far I have 4 people and 3 more who want my kindling wood.

Never, ever, turn commodity away.

Now who here needs some kindling? Got a chimenia or garden fire pit, mate? I'll be round! :cheers:

Where in South Wales are you?

I chuck around 3 tonnes of manky pallets away every month, do not misunderstand me, these are very cheap, very nasty single use pallets from our Indian factory, but if you want to rip the planks apart then it is, as is mentioned above, wood.

I'd need a definite commitment to collect 'x' number of pallets before I diverted them from the skip, and no, you can't have any of the 100s of euro pallets you'd see stacked in the yard, we re-use, or sell, those and they fetch a couple of quid each :)

Will upload pics as soon as I have some (working nights for 2 weeks so not had much time.

TRX I'm in Port Talbot and anything I get needs to fit in the back of my scenic.

Hoping that this weekend is dry so that I can get started on sorting out the pallets :thumb:

Latest posts

Back