Bergland Stockpot

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Titus A Duxass

Regular.
Reaction score
I've just bought a 50L pot with deckel from Bergland - brilliant service!

I've been watching them on ebay.de and they've been going out at around 55€.

So I took the advice found on here and emailed them direct ([email protected]) at 06:32 this morning and asked them for a fixed price.

At 08:56 they replied with an offer of 44,80€ including delivery.

As of 09:40 I am the owner of a 50L pot, I already have the gas burner and the wife is rooting out the old Ikea Voile curtains to make a bag for me (she's going to double the material for strength).

Just got to knock up a coil chiller and connect it to my spring pump (endless water at +12c) and I'm set.

Thanks to all who mentioned Bergland and their pots.

Cheers
TAD

Will this be your first up coming Ag brew or have you AGed before , great pots btw :thumb: and what's your first batch gonna be (in this pot)

Yes this will be my first AG - I'm going down the BIAB route.

As for the first brew, I'm torn between a Deuchars IPA, a Tim Taylor Landlord or a SMASH with a big citrus taste.

The pot has landed!

I have a question - Because it is made of fairly thin stainless will I need a false bottom to prevent the bag/grain catching? I will be using a gas burner for heating/boiling.

Thanks
TAD

Just insure the grain bag doesn't touch the base one way or another , you may think it's thin until you go to drill a hole etc :thumb: , when you brewing then .

pittsy said:
Just insure the grain bag doesn't touch the base one way or another
I can see how that will work.

pittsy said:
..you may think it's thin until you go to drill a hole etc .
That's planned (sight glass, tap).

pittsy said:
...when you brewing then .
That's a good question - first I've got 120m2 of loft to insulate before winter arrives and I've got to empty a FV and a PB before.

I've just had enough money land in my paypal account to buy one of these, to do these people take paypal? :pray:

If not I'll have to wait a couple of weeks to order one!

i believe they will part your bum cheeks and take payment from there if you ask!! :grin: very good service though, i did exactly the same and got 2 x 100lt and one 70lt thermo pot..though i thought i had overkilled getting 100lt but i wish i had got 150lt pots now..but apparently, as PD says, im greedy :party:

Jeltz - do you have a link to where you ordered from? I've tried looking on eBay but the company in question don't appear to have any listings at the minute. Do they have a normal online store?

I just emailed them at the address in the OP and they replied the same day. Delivered it was dearer than stated in the OP but then he's in Germany!

Thanks guys,
I managed to find the ebay.fr page but when I tried looking at items for sale it appeared to be blank - it seems fine now though. I suspect Google Chrome with autotranslate was causing some problems.

Well the shiny has landed.

Ordered Wednesday morning, delivered Monday VERY impressed with this company.

Having seen it I'm now it seems a shame to spoil it by drilling so I think I'll try using it without a tap, just siphoning and using a hop sock, and see how I get on.

I agree they look sexy, but its all about function for me and the tap, fittings, drill bit and cutter cost about the same as the pot. Plus its something else to snag when moving the pot and putting it in the loft.

Back