Milestone Green Man

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goat Boy

Reaction score
Might've jumped the gun asking for this right now. Still bubbling away in the FV but after 4 days it's down to 4%. Probably due to being too warm in my "bloke cupboard" but I'm gonna have to take my chances.

Anyone done this previously?

Update:

Bottled this 8 days ago and tbh I've been a bit worried. With no brew fridge I was at the mercy of an ambient temperature of about 25 deg for the duration this was in the FV. (Do you know, that wouldn't have bothered me 12 months ago before I started reading stuff on here. Now all of a sudden I'm a worrier.) :wha:

Anyway, can't find my brew notes right now but remember doing it a pint short of full length and it attenuating down very quickly (no doubt due to the high temp) but then hesitating for a few days and finally losing its last couple of points on about day 11. Left it for the full fortnight to make sure. No more movement. It was done. Think it worked out to a fraction over 5%.

Checking on them in the cupboard there seemed to be no hint of clearing. I know that's a bit impatient but every kit I've done to date has seemed to display at least some clearing during the first week in the bottle. So In handballing them into the shed this afternoon for cold conditioning, curiosity got the better of me and I cracked one. :pray:

Hey, it's ok! Taste-wise.. At the min it's obviously greener than green, still clouded and super hoppy but think it's gonna be quite a light, refreshing pint. Time will tell but looking ok up to now.

Dodgy pic taken in the only corner of my garden still with a bit of sun in it. Just to give an idea of colour.

I'll come back to update once it's spent some time with the spiders.

Cheers - Ian

That looks ok to me. It will only get better with time. I know it's difficult to avoid the temptation of a taste test, I've got a keg of Coopers bitter conditioning under the stairs and I can hear it calling my name every time I walk by. :D I noticed these were on sale at Wilko's so I think it could be one to do in the future.
:cheers:

I bottled mine last week,it smelt so nice I bought another one while they are on sale. :thumb:

the green man looks good,is the dark galleon a stout or bitter saw this in wilkinsons for £16 might do this one next got a better brew irish stout and werry just bottled so wanted a good bitter to do any thoughts on the bitter

stan

|Ive got a DG on, put a few fuggles in to dry hop, I wonder what it will come like :D

Thanks for the reply dusty, im still a bit of a novice at the moment only done 6 brews to date 2 coopers stouts 2 werrys 1 better brew irish stout 1 better brew Mexican cervasa so fancy doing a decent bitter, the green man or dg sound pretty good, this dry hopping does it add flavour after primary and how much do you put in and for how long.

stan

I too have a dark galleon in the fv right now. Been in there 12 days and still it continues to bubble away!

Got a Dark Galleon last week well worth a try for 16 quid :thumb: All I need is to get my star in gear and get it in the FV

Hello all,

After a few weeks off, I got one of these for Xmas. Added a hop tea and made up as per instructions, 1 week in the FV, and its had 2 weeks in a barrel in my utility room at about 18 degrees. Had a few samples and it is rather good - as described, a light hoppy ale.

Trouble is, I want to put some more brews on but I'm lacking in space. The only other place I can put this is the cold store in the garage. It's getting down to just above ambient temperature (closing in on zero outside at the minute) and I wondered if that is going to be too cold? Will it affect the finishing and clearing of the beer if it is getting down to about 5 degrees? I usually wrap the barrel in bubble wrap then put an old jumper over the top, but that's generally with lagers.

Any advice greatly received.

Got one of these as a Xmas pressie & started it on 14th of January as per instructions (which weren't enclosed with kit, thank god for pdf downloads!!)

SG was 1042, racked on 30th of January @ 1012 & will be popped in the cold tomorrow until weekend before bottling. Trial jar was very promising indeed, quite pale in colour with light & fruity taste.

Think this is going to be very good but maybe more of a summer beer. Got it down as being my birthday beer at start of March, can't wait!!!!

Hmm - A possible failure?

It's been in the garage wrapped in bubble wrap and its deader than a certain Norwegian Blue Parrot. The taste is fine, but is has no head or fizz, and it's still cloudy. So I popped in my LHBS and got a CO2 injector and blasted it (tip to newbs like myself - CO2 is cold. I have a cold burn from keeping my finger near the CO2 valve). That's seems to have had a small affect, but I'm wondering if I placed it outside in the cold too early.

Hopefully the warmer weather may improve it. We'll see...

Latest posts

Back