Milestone Dark galleon.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got one of these on at the moment £16 ? special from Wilko's 5 days and it's down to 1010, and still bubbling slightly. don't think there's much more to go so will keg tomorrow night if there's no change. Decided to brew it full as I knew it would be a full bodied brew and don't like my ales like treacle.
Tastes from the trial jar like drinking an old stout with a rum chaser while chewing treacle toffee. It's going to be an interesting one this I think.. and a luverly Christmas brew :thumb:

I have this bottled at the moment,Hope to keep it till Christmas. :nah:

Alan :cheers:

I've got one in the PB currently, added half a bottle of honey rum. Probably going to take a while, but be awesome afterwards :D

3 weeks and coming on nicely, still a little green but should be perfect at Christmas :-)

Started mine (first go at homebrew) 12th October and so has been in PB for about 4 weeks. It has been in the loft conditioning for about 2 1/2 weeks. Tried a sample tonight and it has cleared nicely. Poured with a huge off white head that stayed well throughout the 1/2 pint and left a good lacework but little obvious carbonation rising through the beer. Taste was quite well hopped but still has a significant homebrew flavour to it - I think it will still be several weeks to really be ready to drink (or I have messed up somewhere and it will never be brilliant). Will update in a couple of weeks if it has improved or not.

Dave

OnlyFerment said:
Started mine (first go at homebrew) 12th October and so has been in PB for about 4 weeks. It has been in the loft conditioning for about 2 1/2 weeks. Tried a sample tonight and it has cleared nicely. Poured with a huge off white head that stayed well throughout the 1/2 pint and left a good lacework but little obvious carbonation rising through the beer. Taste was quite well hopped but still has a significant homebrew flavour to it - I think it will still be several weeks to really be ready to drink (or I have messed up somewhere and it will never be brilliant). Will update in a couple of weeks if it has improved or not.

Dave

It'll just be ready for Christmas :thumb:

Mines been in the FV for two weeks and I've stuck it outside in the cold for a few days to crash before kegging it up for the festive period.
I've got five brews kegged up already so this should be good by the time it gets it's turn in the kegerator.
Looking forward to my first all HB Christmas!! :cheers:

Done mine with an EKG hop tea,and dry hopped it.Bottled it 15oct. turned out a nice pint,put another one on yesterday no hop tea but will dry hop it. :drink:

alanwh said:
Got one of these on at the moment £16 ? special from Wilko's 5 days and it's down to 1010, and still bubbling slightly. don't think there's much more to go so will keg tomorrow night if there's no change. Decided to brew it full as I knew it would be a full bodied brew and don't like my ales like treacle.
Tastes from the trial jar like drinking an old stout with a rum chaser while chewing treacle toffee. It's going to be an interesting one this I think.. and a luverly Christmas brew :thumb:

I have just posted this.viewtopic.php?f=36&t=48078

so your comment about the Stout is spot on. Not sure i would drink too many of these in one sitting tho... More a rewarding sup on a cold night :thumb:

Just tried my first one of this brew, and I like it. :thumb:

Alan :cheers:

OnlyFerment said:
alanwh said:
It'll just be ready for Christmas :thumb:

Here's hoping.

Dave

I've just started on mine, the tang has just gone over this last couple of weeks to leave a lovely brew, darker than an old English ale but not quite a stout, a fantastic companion brew to the wherry I have also on tap :) well pleased with this one :thumb:

Got one of these kits about a month or two back when they was on offer at Wilko, for £16.
Brewed it short to 20 litres and set the heater to 22C, start gravity 1042. After a week it had dropped to
1012 so I decided to leave it another week in the fermenter, after which it had dropped to 1005. GREAT!!
so I barrelled most of it and bottled the other five pints which I'll keep long term. worked out about 4.9%
looking forward to tasting in about two and a half weeks.

was giiven this for christmas and just started it on sat 28 dec. today going like a train nice foamy head starting gravity 1040 so will see where this goes

Drinking mine now! Brewed nicely since early October, very 'big' taste, perfect winter brew, possibly slightly too bitter for my taste but well worth it!

Just tried the first sample tonight after 3 weeks maturing, very nice flavour and has cleared well. Very dark in colour and a chocolate malt flavour comes though with a slight bitterness, will be trying some more later, should be even better after another week maturing.

Not for lager boys!!

Pints brewed since July'13: 391

bottled on the 5th jan for secondary fermentation primed with 1 carb drop 500ml bottles in bedroom for two weeks
then will go in shed will give update on taste test

Latest posts

Back