Wilkos Golden Ale Still to Clear

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

torvil

Reaction score
Racked into pressurised vessel 4 weeks ago, and placed into a cool shed two weeks ago, the brew tastes lovely if a touch bitter, is cloudy. Do I just add finnings, and will this add or remove any flavour.
Also I'm contemplating brewing the same kit again to achieve consistency, but I'm trying to achieve a more hoppy flavour. Any suggestions of using hops or will spray malt change the flavour instead of using brewing sugar?

Brewed this a few times now, it's always a great pint, it isn't always clear.
I put this up with the likes of wherry, it just needs plenty of time to clear up a bit.

I have had 1 of these in a corny keg for 2 weeks now. Haven't got it on tap yet to check the clarity but it was very clear when I kegged it. I had it in primary for 2 weeks then racked to a secondary for a further 2 weeks.

Give it time and it should clear up nicely

Ive had mine in corny afew months and its clear but not brilliant in taste. My wherry is far better and even the coopers apa so just leaving it abit longer hoping it will taste better

Only if you a desperate to drink it? If you have another beer you can be drinking in the mean time then the golden ale would come into its own if left to mature

This was great advice as I have brewed 3 more since, and it does take time 6 weeks to clear properly but they go crystal clear after this, maybe it was to do with the chill. They all taste lovely.
I'm trying perfect the wine now after a disaster with a cider kit.

I've also had disasters with cider kits and since cider can be had for £1 a Litre, I don't try making it any more.

Brew Stout, buy cider, mix! :cheers:

I'm currently drinking wilko golden ale I bottled about 4 months ago - picked it up in the sale for £12.75 which is dirt cheap! It's one of my favourites and way better than many commercial ales. If you can let it bottle condition for at least 2-3 months it will pay off.

Like eclipse I had mine in Cornies and it di eventually Clear.....as others have mentioned better to keep (UNTOUCHED LOL) for a few months...That is why I had 8 x 40 pint batches on the go..........Kit & AG..
but that's all gone now...would like to say it took some time to get through it....but with Homebewing you have some frequent visitors:-)
ATB
Bri

Back