Youngs 7 Day Merlot

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosie

Reaction score
Hi I have made the 6 bottle kit and followed the instructions to the letter quite nice but a bit on the sweet side.

I then made the 30 bottle kit and after the initial fermentation was finished instead of stabalizing the fermentation I decided to put the Merlot flavour sachet (tastes sweet) in the FV and let the yeasties have another go, I let this ferment out for a few more days until the SG was below 998 then I used the stabilizer sachet and finings as per instructions. Tastes much better in my OP.

I will do this one again.

7 days is not realistic in my opinion.

I have done this 30 bottle kit and quite like it (a few people on here have poo poo'd it) but I will do it again when I run out of other kits.

I didn't experience any sweetness, however I waited until the FG was down to .988.

Matt

Thanks Matt.

Did you get yours into a bottle in 7?

How long did it take to get to 988?

No, it took ten days. OG was 1.085 (4kg sugar) filtered it and it was great.

I bought it from Tesco in the sale and it ended up costing .39p per bottle including the sugar and filter pad but not the cork!

Matt

Fantastic value Matt

I am just enjoying my first bottle, this was started on the 16.12.2013 lovely long drink with lemon tonic 50 % 50%

Latest posts

Back