Can anyone identify this beer and fathom a recipe?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickW

Landlord.
Reaction score
A friend is drinking this beer a lot and I wondered if anyone would know, or have a guess at, what hops and grain are being used?

AtuiSFP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The colour is going to be the hardest part to get right but after reading around for half an hour this is my recipe. I'm quite liking the sound of this beer and will brew it after my fermenters are clear.

20l batch

5.5 kg pale
200g crystal
50g roasted barley
75g special b

Apparently it is hard to predict the colour of special b. I may be tempted to leave out the roasted barley.

Hops
After reading around it sounds like the typical American pale/amber hop profile although grapefruit is mentioned on the official website. I'd go for this:-

30g centennial 60mins
10g Amarillo 30 mins
10g Amarillo 10mins
20g Amarillo 0 mins

I'd go for safale 05 for yeast.

I'm sure other people have opinions but without tasting the beer it's hard to start working out how to make a clone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I emailed them asking about it and here is the response:

Hello John. The beer is hopped with Amarillo and Centennial and all hops going in during the last 20 mins (no bittering hops) then a big dry hop of the same. The malts in the beer are Munich as base malt then Aromatic, Biscuit, Special B, Caramunich 3, Crystal Rye, and a tiny bit of Roast Barley to help with color. Starting gravity of about 14 and finish of about 3.5-4

Hope this helps

JD

Wow. Didn't even think of emailing them!! Nice job man. And nice of them to give a recipe, albeit partial

Gravity of 14? How would I interpret that?

Just wondering if anyone tried this? I had it in London last week but can't source it in Dublin. Would love to do a decent copy of it.

I do want to have a go as it's a favourite in our house but not sure of malt percentages so haven't yet.

Starting gravity of 14 is about 1.047
And finishing 3.5 is about 1.014

Back