Williams Bros.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brew Dawg

Reaction score
In my opinion these guys are Scotlands finest brewers just now... as much as I love the wickedly hoppy punk IPA from Brew Dog, the range that Williams Bros offers is a much stronger line up.

I'm a big IPA & Hop head so I strongly recommend Joker IPA and Caesar Augustus... which is a lager/ipa hybrid.

http://www.williamsbrosbrew.com/store/beers

They seem to be on a phenomenal up rise too in the last couple of years and if anyone is ever in the West End of Glasgow then check out their "Inn Deep" pub for great beers (guest and their own) on tap and some cracking food too. Cock o' the walk is another favourite of mine, a Red Ale... and Birds & the bees is a great refreshing summer ale.

Highly recommended!

Always like their Red.

And they did a really nice ginger beer that wasn't sweet like Crubbies

Yup, they're great. I'm not a big fan of Caesar Augustus TBH but pretty much all the rest are just spot on.

:hat: they are carrying on the tradition of Alloa brewing which goes back centuries, never tasted them but the recipes sound mouthwatering

Oh and if you like Williams Bros beers, you are pretty much guaranteed to like Inveralmond too. Quite similar in style, look out for Lia Fail, Ossian and their new pilsner "Sunburst" (being my three favourites of theirs).

yeah the whole lot of Williams Bros beers are superb, Fraoch heather ale is my fave, closely followed by Caesar Augustus,Profanity stout and 7 giraffes.

On a few occasions I've stopped off at the Inn Deep for a pint or three of March of the Penguins, really tasty stout, my favourite. Then before getting the next bus, drop into Valhallas Goat for a perusal and carry oot!! :drink:

Williams Bros are taking over Glasgows beer scene. They own the Homebrew Shop (their family have owned it for years), Inn Deep and now Vallhalas Goat. For me the other Scottish Brewery that is up there with them has to be Fyne Ales, The Snotty IPA is brilliant :drink:

The Ebullum isn't bad (elderberry stout) though mine is better :whistle: :whistle:

Tried a Joker IPA in the Roxy on Great Western road last Friday. Was a cracking pint. If I hadn't been driving later I would have drank it all night.

If you guys are enjoying Joker try and get your hands on Double Joker! It is even better. Even stronger and hoppier, would highly recommend. Inn Deep occasionally have it on tap so keep your eyes open. Paradigm Shift is also really nice as is Roisin if you like something with a bit of berry flavour.

Have you heard about their new collaboration with Tennent's in the East End? They are launching a new brewery/bar/restaurant/brewing school called Drygate which should be good too!

Eduardo said:
Talking of Caesar Augustus does anyone have anything close to a clone for this?

Dunfie on here has brewed a recent batch, I can't seem to find the brewday post but if you pm he might have it.we tasted it at our night out in Dunfermline a few weeks ago and it was awesome.

Stapsin said:
If you guys are enjoying Joker try and get your hands on Double Joker! It is even better. Even stronger and hoppier, would highly recommend. Inn Deep occasionally have it on tap so keep your eyes open. Paradigm Shift is also really nice as is Roisin if you like something with a bit of berry flavour.

Have you heard about their new collaboration with Tennent's in the East End? They are launching a new brewery/bar/restaurant/brewing school called Drygate which should be good too!

yeah it sounds very good. I was over talking to Scott a few weeks ago and he was telling me all about it, he was saying if you go in with a recipe you are confident of, if they think it will be decent they will scale it up and help you brew it,you can take some home, they would buy some and you can sell some to other local pubs, he asked me if I knew any local pubs that would be looking to buy my beer but I hadn't even thought about that.

abeyptfc said:
Stapsin said:

yeah it sounds very good. I was over talking to Scott a few weeks ago and he was telling me all about it, he was saying if you go in with a recipe you are confident of, if they think it will be decent they will scale it up and help you brew it,you can take some home, they would buy some and you can sell some to other local pubs, he asked me if I knew any local pubs that would be looking to buy my beer but I hadn't even thought about that.

I will do mate. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back